DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   4TH Gen: Stock Alpine Subwoofer Specs (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92159)

ironchef2011 09-17-2011 02:25 PM

4TH Gen: Stock Alpine Subwoofer Specs

2 Attachment(s)
The stock Alpine subwoofer is a dual two ohm voice coil unit sized at 8" in diameter. The entire face is 8.5" and it's 4" in depth.

Two remove the subwoofer from it's box, you must remove the Torx head bolts which are sized at 25. Then, remove the two 18mm bolts holding the box into the cargo tray. Unplug the box, flip it over, and remove the phillips head bolt on the bottom of the box. Turn the box over and remove the subwoofer by disconnecting each of the wiring harnesses.

In my opinion, the plastic box is not suitable for a stronger subwoofer. It will just resonate and flex and the mounting ring is paper thin. The stock Alpine subwoofer is appropriate for this type of enclosure and any need to add more or a different style of bass response should be handled by a different amplifier and subwoofer/enclosure.

RedRam10 09-18-2011 08:21 PM

Hi, Great Sticky! :rep:

simonmw75 02-15-2013 06:48 PM

Is there a separate amplifier driving this thing? Or is it driven from the head unit? Any ideas on how we can improve this thing without replacing the speaker, or adding an amp? Just curious.

ironchef2011 02-15-2013 07:10 PM

If I remember correctly there is a small dedicated amp for the sub.

eight-bit 03-12-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironchef2011 (Post 1013216)
If I remember correctly there is a small dedicated amp for the sub.

Anyone have any further info on this?
Location, size, etc?

ONOutdoorsman 03-12-2013 03:34 PM

I believe there is only 1 amp for the entire system. You can get a low power amp for the factory sub and it will sound better. If you're like me you will eventually want more.

RileyZap 05-30-2013 10:50 PM

New to the site here.. wondering if someone could give me a little help. I'm looking to give my stock bass a little more kick and trying to keep it low budget. I have a 250w mono amp that I want to install to the factory sub, and i'm looking for a little guidance to completing this. Has anyone else simply added the amp in? A lot of work?

whiteknight312 06-11-2013 02:46 PM

I don't have the alpine system, where do they install it?

thanks
Chris

jeffthomastx 11-19-2013 07:50 PM

where the "H" is the alpine sub located? i Have the Alpine upgrade and can hear it but Ill be dammed if I can find that booger

Black Diamond 357 11-26-2013 01:56 PM

The sub if you have it is located under the back seat on the right hand side. I want to get a little more bump so I am thinking about adding a real sub/amp combo.