DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Leveling kit difference? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92283)

quadx350 09-18-2011 09:13 PM

Leveling kit difference?

Hey guys, I know that there are a ton of leveling thread's but after hours of looking my question still isnt answered and I hoping this to be my mod thread as well so here it goes. I have a leveling kit sitting in my garage waiting to be put on, I also have 18 inch dick Cepek rims in the mail, I will be putting on around 33 inch tires to wrap it the new rims, but my main question that I am now having that I see more and more new rams in my area, I want mine to be set a part from the rest will this set up do it? For those of you that put on a leveling kit can you notice you sit higher from a stock ram? I gotta have that ram that sticks out in the area:smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up: thanks a ton guys!

age525 09-21-2011 09:29 PM

I definitely notice rams that have leveling kits

TerrysRam 09-21-2011 09:46 PM

Your set-up would get noticed in my area. I like the look of the leveled Rams. The Cepeks and 33" should complete it nicely IMO.

Swaggerville Ram 09-25-2011 08:53 AM

I find that i can notice them easily, however my wife didn't notice when i installed it in our truck FWIW. :4-dontknow:

Porter_ 09-25-2011 11:26 AM

i notice easily and i think other Ram owners will notice too. when i installed my very-mild 1.5" leveling kit, my fiance pointed at a neighbor's 2500 Ram and said "i can tell compared to that big truck over there that yours is bigger." the 2500 was clearly bigger/higher so i knew she was just stroking my ego :D. i'm not the kind of guy that needs that sort of reassurance but it's nice to know that if i ever get that way she'll be there for me :D.

quadx350 09-26-2011 08:10 PM

Well guys i appreciate the comments! my rims just came today! so now all i am waiting for are my tires a date free for the mechanic! so pumped!

Miklo153 09-27-2011 11:42 PM

Which leveling kit did you get? Im looking into getting one, but I am not sure what to go with.

OMALLEY808 09-28-2011 04:03 PM

You guys may want to do a search on here...leveling kits will destroy the front end of a 4th gen...

quadx350 09-29-2011 08:37 PM

i went with a rough country, they have a good price I think i remember there price around 130, that inlcudes a 2.5 spacer in front and 1.75 in back. so all set and done I'm pretty sure there will still be alittle bit of a rake but not much, I'm hoping. when i have it installed i'll post some pics but right now I'm waiting on tires to go on sale ( hopefully next week!)

But I have not heard of any 4th gens having front end damage? I'm having my mechanic install mine with my new rims and tires the price he offered me is unbeatable even if i would do it my self! but what has been going wrong with the 4th gens with a leveling kit?

novaken 09-29-2011 09:32 PM

I haven't heard anything either. Please enlighten me.