DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Other Vehicle Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   7000th Post! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92284)

RedRam10 09-18-2011 09:21 PM

7000th Post!
 
Hi everyone, this post comes with mixed emotions. I have been hunting work for the past two years and haven't been able to lock anything down yet. I do have some prospects but, as many Americans, will be considered Underemployed.

With that said, this week I had to make a hard choice and started looking for an older truck that would eliminate a payment. On Wednesday I found a nice looking 2004 with only 71,000 miles and it seemed to be well taken care of. A couple of hours of negotiation and a few more hours of sleeplessness thinking about giving up the RedRam10 and I took the long drive to the dealership to make the deal. Well the nice thing :D It's RED! The bad thing is it is a TITAN. It is a CrewCab and is 4x4 but I already miss the Hemi and it's MDS that helped me average 18-22MPG. First 1/2 tank on the Titan showed a calculated 15MPG. That sucks!:4-dontknow: Here is a photo for all of us photo whores of the new to me truck as I prepared to take it for a test drive.

http://www.pbase.com/image/138185226/original.jpg

On the other hand, I still have a RAM to play with. My father-in-law has given me his old 70's model D100 - I think to play with. It has the 318 and is sort of RED - Orange. It doesn't run at the moment as it needs a carberator and a set of tires. I will be getting over and getting some photos of the new-to-me real old RAM and will still be keeping my face around here being as helpful as possible. And of course will be learning as much as I can on how to get the RAM back on the road.

I've taken a look at the competitive forums for the Titan and will wait for GT to get a TITANForumZ going before joining another brand. :LOL: And you can count on my return to the RAM world when I get back on my feet financially!

SS4Luck 09-18-2011 09:25 PM

Sorry to hear about your hard times :/

Congrats on the new truck, while they arent a Ram, they are still a nice truck and good to hear your gonna stick around with us!

RedRam10 09-18-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4Luck (Post 616393)
Sorry to hear about your hard times :/

Congrats on the new truck, while they arent a Ram, they are still a nice truck and good to hear your gonna stick around with us!


Yea, times are tough, but, I have to look on the positive side. No payment and I do have the ability to save for the future.

Stump3r 09-18-2011 09:32 PM

Damn Ed, come to Alberta I'm pretty sure we could have you working tomorrow morning, literally! The Titan isn't that bad of a ride, my buddy has one and loves it. In fact I did look long and hard at one before getting the Ram. Sure hope things turn around for you buddy!

brad12kx 09-18-2011 09:34 PM

If I can be a member of the 'Red Ram' group with nothing more than a Red Sharpie in the console, then I see no reason why you can't continue here as usual with a picture of RedRam10. Having a 1970's D100 Dodge truck is just a bonus! :smileup:

I expect to see a lot of you here, and for the record, you will not be the only member here that does not currently have a Ram. However, you are the only member here with the Nick "FastEddie". :rockon:

And I'm sure I read it in the rules somewhere....it you're voted as MOTM, you have to stay here for at least a year, and must own a Ram when you leave, so you have to stick around until after you get your next Ram. :D ....I know it's written somewhere...

BTW - Congrats on 7K! :woohoo:

SS4Luck 09-18-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 616404)
If I can be a member of the 'Red Ram' group with nothing more than a Red Sharpie in the console, then I see no reason why you can't continue here as usual with a picture of RedRam10.

Arent you a member in the white rams group too? lol

RedRam10 09-18-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 616404)
If I can be a member of the 'Red Ram' group with nothing more than a Red Sharpie in the console, then I see no reason why you can't continue here as usual with a picture of RedRam10. Having a 1970's D100 Dodge truck is just a bonus! :smileup:

I expect to see a lot of you here, and for the record, you will not be the only member here that does not currently have a Ram. However, you are the only member here with the Nick "FastEddie". :rockon:

And I'm sure I read it in the rules somewhere....it you're voted as MOTM, you have to stay here for at least a year, and must own a Ram when you leave, so you have to stick around until after you get your next Ram. :D ....I know it's written somewhere...

BTW - Congrats on 7K! :woohoo:

Well I have no intention of leaving this great place behind. Besides I still have to get with you when you hit the Carolina Shores to verify there is a RED Sharpie in the dash!
I like the rules you provide and will have to keep on Hanging Round. Besides I can always do a little color mod on the OldRam with a little help with Photoshop and have the RED I need. "FASTEDDIE" LIVES ON!!!!

RedRam10 09-18-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stump3r (Post 616402)
Damn Ed, come to Alberta I'm pretty sure we could have you working tomorrow morning, literally! The Titan isn't that bad of a ride, my buddy has one and loves it. In fact I did look long and hard at one before getting the Ram. Sure hope things turn around for you buddy!

I'll have to take a look up that way for opportunities. Willing to relocate for the right opportunity. After 19 years in Wireless/Telecom as sales and management my background and past earnings is scairing off the possible new opportunities.

brad12kx 09-18-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4Luck (Post 616411)
Arent you a member in the white rams group too? lol

Not yet....my 'application' has yet to be accepted. :D
However, I have been on the hunt for a 'White Sharpie'....but no luck yet. :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRam10 (Post 616413)
Well I have no intention of leaving this great place behind. Besides I still have to get with you when you hit the Carolina Shores to verify there is a RED Sharpie in the dash!
I like the rules you provide and will have to keep on Hanging Round. Besides I can always do a little color mod on the OldRam with a little help with Photoshop and have the RED I need. "FASTEDDIE" LIVES ON!!!!

LOL....My wife "Can't Believe" that I won't remove the Red Sharpie from the console. I told her it's not there to be used....It's there strictly as a point of honor. Although she thinks I'm completely whacked, there has been no mention of divorce. :smileup:

RedRam10 09-18-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad12kx (Post 616422)
:LOL....My wife "Can't Believe" that I won't remove the Red Sharpie from the console. I told her it's not there to be used....It's there strictly as a point of honor. Although she thinks I'm completely whacked, there has been no mention of divorce. :smileup:

Yea, mine wonders why I like reading and typing on the PC so much. I told her it was better than other things I could be doing with the PC. ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger