DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   OBX underdrive pulley interest (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92332)

snrusnak 09-19-2011 02:39 PM

OBX underdrive pulley interest

I was emailing with OBX to see if they'd be interested in marketing a set of headers for the 2nd gen 4.7L, and they responded saying they would forward my interest to their R&D department...I guess now just have to wait for a repsonse.

Anyway....while on their site I realized they make a ton of other parts, not just exhaust related...and one of them is underdrive pulleys. I sent another email saying that the 4.7L world would likely be interested in many of these other parts, starting with the underdrive pulley. He again gave the same response, so I'll wait to see what they say.

What I'm wondering is how many would really be interested in these? OBX makes great stuff for very inexpensive from what I've seen in their headers. I looked at their underdrive pulley prices, some were as cheap as $100...but I'd bet they are good quality...any feedback on interest?

snrusnak 09-22-2011 02:56 PM

Really? NO interest whatsoever? People always ask about CAI, exhaust, tuners...etc...Is that the extent that everyone wants to stop at?

CollateralDamage 09-22-2011 03:01 PM

to be honest i don't really know much about under-drive pulley's and benefits i have been meaning to look it up but haven't had the chance.

snrusnak 09-22-2011 03:04 PM

Ok, well FYI there are some available for the hemi currently.

I was trying to get a product marketed for the 4.7L (there is one now but it is very expensive).

916Timmy 09-22-2011 03:56 PM

Tell them to make me some damn longtubes!!!!! :)

snrusnak 09-22-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Tell them to make me some damn longtubes!!!!!
You should go to their site and send them an email. I don't know if any of you have ever used OBX products but they are outstanding, and are very inexpensive...I used a set of their shorty headers on a past vehicle, the were SS, matched up perfectly, and had a thicker flange than most others so didn't warp. They were under $300...

ORT 09-22-2011 04:10 PM

They could make some cash if they made an overdrive pulley for tge alternator to accompany the underdrive pulley. The overdrive for the alternator is very hard to find.

snrusnak 09-22-2011 04:12 PM

^good point, will forward that on to them...

ORT 09-22-2011 04:14 PM

If they make it I will 100% buy it. The lack of a readily available alternator overdrive pulley is what is keeping me from putting an underdrive on the crank.

snrusnak 09-22-2011 04:16 PM

But you have a hemi....I'm trying to market something for the 4.7L....get your own thread....

JK lol! You should email them as well and ask them about an UD/OD pulley for the hemi....they are a great company from my experience talking with them and are very open to listening to potential customers....you'd likely have more success to me as the hemi is a bigger market.