DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   cortex vs. flashpaq (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92594)

tylerlovesjen 09-22-2011 11:42 PM

cortex vs. flashpaq

whats the difference between the cortex and the flashpaq?

jstevens9 09-23-2011 01:54 AM

Bumping you to hopefully get an answer, I would like to know as well

chefred112 09-23-2011 08:26 AM

it's more in the packaging itself. the cortex does offer a 2 yr powertrain warranty as well. i know they are both updateable, have the same canned tunes, both have nice transmission control.

ORT 09-23-2011 08:34 AM

Flashpaq is fuel specific. So for instance, if you buy the flashpaq for a gasoline dodge ram, it can only be used on a gasoline vehie within the flashpaq's specified years. The cortex is not fuel specific. So for example, the cortex I run on my 04 hemi can also be used on diesels as well.

Cortex had a two year powertrain warranty that the flashpaq does not.

RadioFlyer 09-23-2011 08:50 AM

In my opinion the Cortex isn't worth the extra money. Basically you get a grey one with a two year warranty or a red one with a one rear warranty. My Fashpaq turned two this past August (I think) with no issues other than my own. Not to mention, I was told that if you purchase and install the advanced trans tune it imediately voids the warranty and it is documented. And I'll make a freindly bet that when or if you call to order the advanced trans tune that they will not mention it. That being said, what's the purpose of the two year warranty with the Cortex? :4-dontknow:

ORT 09-23-2011 09:22 AM

I've got to agree. I've had them both and they are essentially the same other than application differences. Cortex tends to resale a little higher but that's about it.

snrusnak 09-23-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

In my opinion the Cortex isn't worth the extra money. Basically you get a grey one with a two year warranty or a red one with a one rear warranty. My Fashpaq turned two this past August (I think) with no issues other than my own. Not to mention, I was told that if you purchase and install the advanced trans tune it imediately voids the warranty and it is documented. And I'll make a freindly bet that when or if you call to order the advanced trans tune that they will not mention it. That being said, what's the purpose of the two year warranty with the Cortex?
I just want to clarify to avoid people getting confused. Both tuners come with a product warranty from superchips. The cortex offers a 2 year vehicle powertrain warranty, the flashpaq does not.

It's all been mentioned above, but basically the differences are:

Cortex offers 2 year powertrain warranty for your vehicle(flashpaq does not)
Cortex is grey, flashpaq is red
Cortex can be used on gas and diesel vehicles(flashpaq only on gas vehicles)\

I agree not worth the extra money for the cortex. I've seen a lot of people running flashpaqs and never an issue.

ORT 09-23-2011 09:55 AM

^agreed^. Stick with flashpaq. Same performance for less $.

tylerlovesjen 09-24-2011 12:00 AM

thanks guys! made my decision easy! damn this forum is sweet!

RTBenny 09-26-2011 04:21 PM

Has Superchips cracked the 11s and 12s yet? I'm tired of waiting on Diablosport. I'm at the point, first one out gets my money and I bet there are many others out there like me.