DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Got my Superchips today :) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92721)

BadHazard 09-24-2011 10:57 PM

Got my Superchips today :)

After the USPS losing it and re-sending it back to North Carolina it finally arrived today :)

I just recently switched both differentials to Royal Purple and Mobile 1 in the engine.

I have the K&N High flow drop in filter and a muffler delete.

Thinking my next mod is one of the following, need some input.

Cold air intake
Split exhaust
LT Pacesetter Headers
Power Wire
Under drive pulley

I probably wont ever put a cam in.

My truck seems quick, Im running the 91 tune. Just looking for a little bit more power. MPG increase is always a plus.

Im leaning more towards the headers, however, I feel the drop in filter and simple muffler delete could be holding some power back.

Any ideaS?

ORT 09-25-2011 10:25 PM

The pacesetter lt's are a great mod and fairly inexpensive. Install is pretty straight forward.

You could also upgrade your superchips to include the advance transmission options. That will really help your trucks driveability.

CHVYKLR 09-25-2011 11:47 PM

from your list...I'd do the Pacesetter's and CAI at the same time as a CMR then the u/d pulley.

and get your L/Ts coated either professionally or DIY with some quality high temp paint.

BadHazard 09-26-2011 06:58 PM

So im still not able to break loose my tires. My 0-60 time is 9seconds. 3.55 gears. 18" wheels, with 31" tires. I definately feel the extra power if I just floor it without reving it up first (holding break and pressing gas at same time).

Should I reset my pcm? Do I need to return to stock before doing this? And to reset all you do is unplug the negative battery cable and touch it to the body right?:4-dontknow:

snrusnak 09-26-2011 07:36 PM

Wow something doesn't seem right....my 4.7L quad cab does 0-60 in like 7 seconds, or close to it anyway. Same gears. Yours should be faster than mine... Even mine can break the tires loose with my heavy wheels/tires.

First off, don't ever do the power wire, it doesn't help, it tricks the IAT sensor and screws up the A/F ratios, and this does not help power, and is not good for the engine.

CAI would be good, but since you already have a drop in, if you could just buy a tube from the airbox to the TB to delete the resonator hat that would be nearly as good as an expensive CAI and save you some money. Airaid sells "jr kits" and MIT tubes and you can probably get one for around $100(if they make them....I bet they do but I'm not positive).

So you have the stock exhaust with just a muffler delete? Headers would help a lot, then a y pipe change would help a lot as well. Anything else with the exhaust won't do a whole lot.

Under drive would be good as well. Just do some research and make sure others are using the same product you buy without bad results, a bad under drive pulley can destroy an engine.

BadHazard 09-26-2011 07:54 PM

ya i dont knwo why its not quicker. Maybe I should manual shift? And not power brake? Maybe the muffler delete is hurting

snrusnak 09-26-2011 08:07 PM

muffler delete would only help, not hurt. If you power brake a lot it is hard on the TC and trans.

ORT 09-26-2011 09:05 PM

Something isn't right there. Either your datalog is wrong or there is something wrong with your truck. 9 second 0-60 is slower than stock for a 5.7 hemi ram.

BadHazard 09-26-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORT (Post 622161)
Something isn't right there. Either your datalog is wrong or there is something wrong with your truck. 9 second 0-60 is slower than stock for a 5.7 hemi ram.

how do i check or reset my datalog? Someone take me to school :)

Fresh full synthetics throughout, engine and both diff's... also. I pulled 1 plug and it looked decent. I have 52k on the truck. The truck shifts great, with and without the tune.

Need some help :)

BadHazard 09-27-2011 02:35 AM

So i did some dataloging

Something is wrong. Here are my 0-60times

9.21 every single time. with and without O/D. When i manual shift it was 9.57

I cant remember exact number but 0-50 was 6.??

What gives? Ideas?? This was with 91 tune