DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   All those with the 32 gallon tank...in here (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92809)

JasonK94Z 09-26-2011 09:37 AM

All those with the 32 gallon tank...in here

I have the 32 gallon tank in my Outdoorsman. One thing that I am beginning to hate is the thud I get every time I stop the truck. Almost like the car behind me has bumped me. It is the gas sloshing around because of poor or no baffling in the tank.
I say we all start a complaint campaign in an attempt to get it fixed my calling 1-800-423-6343 (1-800-4A-DODGE)!

brad12kx 09-26-2011 09:57 AM

There has been a lot of speculation regarding this, but no definitive proof that it is a fuel tank baffle issue. I have the 32gal tank, and have only noticed a very mild version of this a couple of times, and am not sure if it's fuel sloshing, or the hill-start system activating, or something else altogether. If it happened more often, or was at least repeatable on demand, it would much easier to determine the exact cause. :4-dontknow:

JasonK94Z 09-26-2011 10:00 AM

On my level driveway, I can cause it by letting off the brake at idle, then hitting the brake to stop every time. In both forward and reverse. In the driveway, I can feel it do it one time kinda hard like it always does, then lightly another time or two. Definitely the fuel tank.

fier23 09-26-2011 12:05 PM

I haven't ever noticed it. I must be braking pretty easy. I'm all for getting on board with helping a problem so I'm signed up but I've never felt anything like that and cant get it to do it.

MrPEZO 09-26-2011 12:55 PM

Its the gas, because it only happens in mine around the next hash just under "F" Full Fuel.

There are other threads on the Forumz, about this and they all say the same thing its the fuel and it only happens when the fuel is in that range.

I thought after hearing about the 09-10 they surely would have fixed the 2011.

Its a pain in the A!! ~!

I doubt they will fix all the trucks that have left the plant!

GTyankee 09-26-2011 01:32 PM

Mine does it between 1/2 & 3/4 of a tank, always on level ground, just the amount of the feeling is different, easing up to a stop light or a harder stop.
It bothered me at first, but after about 6 months, i was so used to it that it no longer matters.

An Uncle once told me that driving by sound & feel is good but only up to a point, your vehicle is never going to be perfect

JasonK94Z 09-26-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 621915)
Mine does it between 1/2 & 3/4 of a tank, always on level ground, just the amount of the feeling is different, easing up to a stop light or a harder stop.

Same fuel level here too.

CTYHNTR 09-26-2011 03:15 PM

Interesting, I never noticed it, unfortunately I'm sure I will now though.

beerguy214 09-26-2011 04:07 PM

we've only hard ares for about 3 wees now and although it is usually between a half tan or quarter tank i haven't notice it all but if i do i will be willing to complain but as for now i haven't heard anything

Milehighram 09-26-2011 04:15 PM

happens to me at 75% full every stop... once lower than 1/2 or at full tank I don't fell it.