DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Bad dash pad (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=92860)

ramfam 09-26-2011 08:10 PM

Bad dash pad

I have 01 with the standard broken dash board. This thing has a hole in it you can loose a small child in. but not the point. I found a replacement dash from L M C. How hard is it to do? If anyone has done this? How hard is it? Tips or advice would be apprishated.:thk:

RedRam10 09-29-2011 11:44 PM

Hi :Hey: and I sure wish I had an answer for you. Best I can do is :icon_bump: this back to the top for you.

ramfam 10-01-2011 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what I mean by bad dash I know that this is common on gen2 rams. so if any body has tackled this I need to know if there are hidden bolts or clips? or how to get the passanger air bag out. or if I have to take it out at all.

Brad750 10-22-2011 11:42 PM

Did you get it swapped out? Was this part an OE replacement or one of those covers? My 97 is looking very similar to yours.

ramfam 10-25-2011 02:04 PM

No I have not yet. The one I want is a reproduction from lmc truck just under 170.$ that I don't have yet. just the dash carpet the truck came with. But it dose make me crazy to know whats under there.

97ram666 10-25-2011 05:15 PM

The dash on my '97, I can fit my dog in. Didn't know they cracked that bad. My Grand Am dash is warped to hell and back too. (that's $1,000 from the dealer). For what we pay for vehicles, u would expect a better interior....:4-dontknow: O well, just gotta get another I guess.

ramfam 10-26-2011 10:51 AM

Well lmc truck has them. Hell next to the haynes manual that book is a must for parts. and as soon as I can afford the dash, replaced ill try to do a step by step if one is not avalable by then.

Dieselkiss 10-28-2011 01:03 PM

Air bag removal

I had to remove my airbag when I did some wiring work on my '99 so I could run looms.

I'm doing this from memory, but if I remember right....you need to remove your glove box then look up under and disconnect the wiring block for the bag (disconnect you battery first and be careful, you don't want that thing going off), then if you look up under there there are...I believe....two bolts....undo them then the pass. airbag should just pull out.

It's been over a year since I did this so my memory is a little hazy, but I seem to remember once I'd removed the glove box the air bag really wasn't that hard to get out.

ramfam 11-01-2011 09:10 AM

I figured as much. Ive done body and intirior work years ago but didn't have to mess with air bag but once and that was a side. Replaced window regular. Thanks for help!

erm 11-01-2011 09:55 AM

About that airbag...before you unplug it, disconnect the battery negative cable and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. The airbag has capacitors in it and they need to discharge.

So do that first. Then get on with the rest of it.

I'll see what I have in my '99 FSM on how this thing is removed. I'm sure it's a lot of little clips and fasteners, etc...