DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   What is the dealership up to? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93145)

bulliesmt77 09-29-2011 10:58 PM

What is the dealership up to?

Okay so I just got my oil changed for the second time today at 7800 miles at my local dealership. Truck was in there two weeks ago for a leaking A/C line and a clutch master cyl replacement, all under warranty. Anyway I get it home today and pop the hood to make sure the oil was full and all was ok, as I always do, and to my surprise I see little paint marks on the plastic engine cover in red right over the egr crap. So I start looking around closer-my engine bay is spotless by the way- and it looks like somebody went crazy with a freakin' set of markers/paint. There were red spots on plastic engine cover over egr, blue spots on rad cap, batteries, coolant res, on my actual egr sensor plug there were 4 spots of red, white, blue and green, every sensor on the entire engine was marked in red or green. The turbo housing was marked, intake marked, even the brake lines mounted on the frame in the front wheel area was marked. I guess I could see how a place like Jiffy Lube or something might mark a few things to verify they were checked but this seems really strange to me. Especially the fact that the emissions sensors were marked with 4 different colors in some cases-that took some effort. So what are they up to? Any insight?

Stainless 09-29-2011 11:04 PM

They do that when its built as a marker for the final inspector to see that it was all tightened and properly assembled, I doubt your dealer did this.

bulliesmt77 09-30-2011 12:05 AM

Nope this was 100% done today. This is not the manufacturer markings you are talking about. It is actually ridiculously obvious-they tagged every sensor under the hood. Looks really bizarre. Just wondering what the point was? I look under the hood all the time and it actually annoys me that they marked everything up.

mr.lopar 09-30-2011 12:39 AM

got pics? anything ive seen marked like that are from the manufacture

Rutger34 09-30-2011 01:46 AM

Interesting. I haven't a clue. I have never had my do it at my store. I am curious what you find out.

GTyankee 09-30-2011 02:47 AM

I have only seen that done when a shop pulls everything apart & does not have a decent torque wrench
they want to line up all the fittings to the original positions

nthompson 09-30-2011 04:51 PM

Novel concept.... You might just try calling the dealer with your Repair order in hand and ask to speak with the shop foreman or service manager.

scmedic09 09-30-2011 07:34 PM

i have all the same markings on my truck was like that when i got it. ive seen 2 other dodges with the same thing, one a friends, and one sitting on the lot at the dealer with 3 kms on it. Pretty sure its a manufacture thing to assure things have been checked before shipping. my neighbor also has an 06 charger with similar markings under the hood

Actionjackson 09-30-2011 07:37 PM

maybe checking to see if you had any aftermarket chips or exhuast amd etc.

bulliesmt77 10-01-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stainless (Post 624901)
They do that when its built as a marker for the final inspector to see that it was all tightened and properly assembled, I doubt your dealer did this.

Yeah you are totally correct! Wow......so I have an update. I am a moron! I just reviewed a video I have of my truck when it was brand new and you can see the engine. Guess what????? The marks were all there from the factory! So I guess when I cleaned it last week I just didn't notice them-man I would have lost that bet for sure. I'll go hide under a rock now. :str: