DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   My ram has been down for a month (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93298)

Faceplant 10-02-2011 11:39 AM

My ram has been down for a month

A month ago my driveshaft fell off and destroyed my rear end. The mechanic at the dealership told me a reared could not be found, also a rep from dodge told me the same thing. They called it a d99 backorder. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and how can there not be a rearend available for my truck

RansRAM 10-02-2011 11:44 AM

Never heard of something like this before, I'd been finding a new dealership .........

Faceplant 10-02-2011 11:48 AM

Yeah, bUt a rep from dodge told me the same thing. He said that the best they could do was see if any dealerships had a rearend that they would give to the cause... Otherwise I have to wait for the factory and there isn't a time frame for that...

gregster 10-02-2011 12:19 PM

There has to be some kind of a limit on the amount of time they have before fixing a major warranty issue like that. They cant just leave you in limbo...

It must feel crappy making 1 or 2 monthly payments where you have not even had the truck!

Total BS. Forget the rep... keep moving up the Dodge/Chrysler ladder. A personal favourite move of mine is to call the person who isnt helping you (the Dodge rep), and ask for the contact information for HIS boss. This move has helped me several times. Even if he doesnt give you the info just let him know you will get it one way or another. Nothing motivates people more than the knowledge that their superior is watching the situation...

CajunDodge 10-02-2011 12:33 PM

Talk about sucks, sorry to hear about that! I agree with gregster, though, and have used that ploy myself many times, ask to speak to the supervisor. Usually that tends to light a fire under the person and produce results and when it doesn't, moving up the chain does help but good luck and be sure to keep us posted.

- Cajun

Faceplant 10-02-2011 12:34 PM

Yeah, mAking Payments on a vehicle you don't have is not fun, even worse is not knowing when you will get it back. The saving grace so far has been the dealership, they have provided me with a loaner throughout this process because the warranty denied me a rental because the rearend is a d99 backorder... Monday I am going to try and climb the corporate ladder at dodge and see what happens...

GTyankee 10-02-2011 12:57 PM

I have to ask

Is your, (i should say) Rams rear end Special ??
Does it have a gear set that is just what you need & nothing else will work for you?
I know that they made several ratios & other options
3.21 Ratio is numerically low, but is called a high speed gear, best for cross country driving, without towing
3.55 Ratio mid range, good for pulling a small trailer with a LIGHT load
3.92 Ratio better for pulling, climbs hills while pulling
3.92 Ratio with LSD, same as above, but has 2 wheel drive & takes to snow, mud, & other off road conditions easier
4.11 Ratio is a work horse
4.56 Ratio is a gas guzzler & a tree stump puller

If they are saying that they don't have you particular rear end, ask them for a different one
If they say that they don't have any more 2009 or 2010 rear ends, suggest to them that a 2011 or 2012 is acceptable :)

I hope they are giving you a free replacement vehicle while you are waiting for them to get off their collective asses
You may have to consult a lawyer at some point

Faceplant 10-02-2011 01:28 PM

As far as I know there isn't anything special about my rearend. I was told they were going to put a brand new one in, but never told why they couldnt get one. It seems to lead back to this d99 backorder, does anyone know what a d99 backorder is, and maybe what causes a d99 backorder. The mechanic never said the type of backorder, nor did the dodge rep, it was the sales manager that gave me my loaner car.

Rutger34 10-02-2011 02:12 PM

The same issue has come up at my dealership. I have had two trucks have the rear diffs fail and parts are unavailable. It seems that the factory cannot keep up with making trucks and making parts to fix the sold trucks. It totally does suck. I have been needing to keep in touch with the customers and try to find answers from my DSM at the same time. We also provided our customers with rental trucks while we are waiting for parts. It doesn't make it better but it does help.

Faceplant 10-02-2011 02:37 PM

Well my dealership did give me a loaner, although it definitely isn't a truck, a ford escape to be exact, it does make things a little easier. How long did it take to find the rear difs for those 2 trucks if you don't mind me asking