DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Does anybody recognize this wheel? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93322)

Razorbass 10-02-2011 03:53 PM

Does anybody recognize this wheel?

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this at a motorcycle rally this weekend. Caught my eye. I was in a hurry so I could not check it out closely. Barely had time to snap this pic. The center cap says Pro-Line Alloy but I could not find this particular wheel on the Pro-Line site. I also noticed that you can buy those caps separately so it may not even be a Pro-Line wheel. Just thought it was cool looking and wanted to find out more about it. Hoping someone on the forum might recognize it. Thanks.

Mudder 10-02-2011 04:11 PM

Nice looking wheel, reminds me style wise of some of the mb motoring wheels, but I don't think that's what it is.

Edit: it is a proline alloy wheel. I can't find any info on the brand at all. I found the same exact wheels for sale on a chevy forum in 15s, but no info on part numbers other than the item number on the box (13958851).

erm 10-02-2011 04:59 PM

Sorry, don't recognize them at all.

Razorbass 10-02-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudder (Post 626692)
Nice looking wheel, reminds me style wise of some of the mb motoring wheels, but I don't think that's what it is.

Edit: it is a proline alloy wheel. I can't find any info on the brand at all. I found the same exact wheels for sale on a chevy forum in 15s, but no info on part numbers other than the item number on the box (13958851).

Thanks Mudder. I saw these on a Chevy as well. I tried to Google that number but got nothing back. Might be discontinued. Do you happen to have the link to where you saw them? If so, please PM it to me. If not, no big deal. I appreciate the info.

Razorbass 10-02-2011 06:32 PM

Never mind Mudder, I found it. It is the ProLine 139 and apparently it is available at Pep Boys for $75 per wheel. Unfortunately I do not have Pep Boys near me so they don't even let me shop online.

Nice looking wheel for the money though. Of course, at $75 a pop, I would question the quality. Also, that tells me there are probably a lot of them out there. That being said, since I don't have a store near me, may not be very many people in my area that have them.

Mudder 10-02-2011 06:38 PM

Yeah, I tried to pm you but must've screwed it up. The pep boys website won't let me look at wheels either.

Razorbass 10-02-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudder (Post 626784)
Yeah, I tried to pm you but must've screwed it up. The pep boys website won't let me look at wheels either.

I got the PM. Thanks for that. I am going to do some research on the quality of the wheels. Typically prowling various forums will reveal a lot from actual owners. If they have a good rep, I will think about hitting up the Pep Boys in Tulsa or Little Rock to take a closer look.

huntergreen 10-02-2011 07:50 PM

75.00 a wheel? forget it, must be plastic painted with extra lead in the paint from china.

Razorbass 10-02-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 626826)
75.00 a wheel? forget it, must be plastic painted with extra lead in the paint from china.

My thought exactly but worth doing the homework first if for no other reason than informing the other forum members.

Mudder 10-02-2011 11:20 PM

Id have to disagree. You can get some MB wheels for $100 and they are a great quality wheel. Why? Youre not having to pay for the name "Weld" or their sponsorships of racing trucks or their advertising costs in 4 Wheel & Off Road etc.

It's amazing how something thats reasonably priced anymore is automatically dismissed as poor quality simply because it hasnt succumbed to the capitalist machine yet.

I used to run Maxxis tires all the time, and they used to be WAY cheaper than other tires, and people questioned that all the time. Now that they have racing teams and crap, they are more expensive, but people know the name and dont say anything.