How To, Remove Transmission and Torque Converter
I was asked by a member to pull up some info about removal of the torque converter and since the transmission has to be removed I figured I would throw that info in as well. Here it goes :smileup::
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise and support the vehicle
3. Remove any necessary skid plates.
4. Mark propeller shaft and axle companion flanges for assembly alignment.
5. Remove the rear propeller shaft
6. Remove the front propeller shaft, if necessary.
7. Remove the engine (1) to transmission (3) structural dust cover (2).
13. Disengage the input speed sensor connector from the input speed sensor (2).
15. Disengage the line pressure sensor connector from the line pressure sensor (2).
CAUTION: Verify that transmission is secure on the lifting device or work surface, the center of gravity of the transmission will shift when the torque converter is removed creating an unstable condition. The torque converter is a heavy unit. Use caution when separating the torque converter from the transmission.
27. Pull the torque converter forward until the center hub clears the oil pump seal.
28. Separate the torque converter from the transmission.
Thank you buddy! :)
anytime I just hope you can get the line clip it was talking about in the notes. When you take yours out, don't forget to take some pics and add to this!!!!!!
Yeah I wouldn't have known to do that. I will add to this when I do it, hopefully sooner than later, but may be a few months(depends on the bank account lol)...It will happen though as I bought a converter from another member on here and it should arrive tomorrow :). Maybe I'll get the itch and install it sooner than I think haha... I just want to make my ram air to finish my intake, and do my exhaust first...
Nooo you told him!!!! Now he's going to install that darn TC of his!!! lol
Thanks for the public info....
Haha like any other member on here. all you have to do is pm me and I will get as much info and service info as I can! What converter you going with?
Bought an edge street edge 2800 from a member here, will probably stall a little higher for me....as my 4.7L has a little less output than the 5.7L he had...
I want to make my ram air first just to have my intake 100% complete, and I want to do my exhaust first because I'd have to remove a lot of the exhaust to get the trans out, but I'm going to move the exhaust crossover to behind the trans when I do the exhaust so it will be out of the way....so it just makes sense to do it first...
completely, good luck! let us know how it goes!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger