DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   tie rod recall (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93423)

zebber 10-03-2011 09:23 PM

tie rod recall
 
Has anyone had the tie rod recall done? I just got my recall letter and was wondering if anyone else got the same letter and what was done.

RansRAM 10-03-2011 09:28 PM

I got the letter a couple of weeks ago and have an appointment this Friday to get them changed.

dcook 10-03-2011 09:33 PM

Got mine a couple of weeks ago as well. The work was completed last Friday, they also gave the front end an alignment, at no charge. Guess that is typical when tie rods are replaced.

RansRAM 10-03-2011 09:36 PM

They told me that only the toe in will be checked for spec and that a full alignment will not be needed or done. :4-dontknow: Am I getting ripped off ???

barronc 10-03-2011 10:05 PM

Is this a Recall for all 09's or just certain build dates?

Rogue 10-03-2011 10:22 PM

I had it done
 
I had mine done about 3 weeks ago. It took about an hour to complete, change out the ends and align. My dealer said they are doing all 2009s, I had read that it was just certain models but they told me that they are doing all of them.






Enjoy the Ride!

OMALLEY808 10-04-2011 11:43 PM

I also need to get this service done shortly. The toe is the only thing that will need to be set for the tie rods assuming your alignment isn't out of adjustment before you have the tie rods changed

RadioFlyer 10-05-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMALLEY808 (Post 628737)
I also need to get this service done shortly. The toe is the only thing that will need to be set for the tie rods assuming your alignment isn't out of adjustment before you have the tie rods changed

It still has to be adjusted because it has to be screwed into the center link or drag link what ever it's called and then you tighten the clamp if they're just changing the tie rod end. I could be wrong but I don't see it any other way. Last I checked my wasn't on the recall list but it could have been added since then.

RadioFlyer 10-05-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RansRAM (Post 627700)
They told me that only the toe in will be checked for spec and that a full alignment will not be needed or done. :4-dontknow: Am I getting ripped off ???

Tell them you want the alignment checked for the safety of your kids and you aint leaving until they do it.

TheRocketmac 10-05-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcook (Post 627696)
Got mine a couple of weeks ago as well. The work was completed last Friday, they also gave the front end an alignment, at no charge. Guess that is typical when tie rods are replaced.

Just had this done last Friday... Said I needed a full alignment that (was not covered) by the recall. However, my local dealership isn't the best.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger