DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Off Road bumpers (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93496)

2011SThemi 10-04-2011 06:43 PM

Off Road bumpers

1 Attachment(s)
does anyone have pics on their personal vehicles of an offroad bumper? i've been looking at a bunch on the internet and am having troubles actually picturing them on the truck. I am in love with the ram runner pre-runner grill I saw on someones truck on the site but can't justify spending the $2000 to get it then the additional cost of installion plus welding needed to install it. After installing the rest of my mods the chrome bumpers are starting to drive me nuts. I've unintentionally turned my truck into a "storm trooper" and the chrome has got to go, not to mention it'll give me piece of mind when the woman drives it as she likes to run into things.

Upstater 10-04-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011SThemi (Post 628415)
does anyone have pics on their personal vehicles of an offroad bumper? i've been looking at a bunch on the internet and am having troubles actually picturing them on the truck. I am in love with the ram runner pre-runner grill I saw on someones truck on the site but can't justify spending the $2000 to get it then the additional cost of installion plus welding needed to install it. After installing the rest of my mods the chrome bumpers are starting to drive me nuts. I've unintentionally turned my truck into a "storm trooper" and the chrome has got to go, not to mention it'll give me piece of mind when the woman drives it as she likes to run into things.

I'm not positive but I think the Ram prerunner bumper is $1,200 (not $2,000) but either way that's a chunk of change for a bumper. Your truck looks sick, I like it!

2011SThemi 10-04-2011 08:57 PM

Thanks for the comment on the truck. I thought it was around the $1200 mark too and i'd be prepared to pay that, but when I went to the dealership to inquire about it they had no idea what it even was. I had to physically look it up online for the parts lady who then looked it up for me with the part # and told me it was $2200 and would be 4-6 weeks away. I know that I live in Canada and we pay more but I thought that was absolutely crazy.

Upstater 10-04-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011SThemi (Post 628529)
Thanks for the comment on the truck. I thought it was around the $1200 mark too and i'd be prepared to pay that, but when I went to the dealership to inquire about it they had no idea what it even was. I had to physically look it up online for the parts lady who then looked it up for me with the part # and told me it was $2200 and would be 4-6 weeks away. I know that I live in Canada and we pay more but I thought that was absolutely crazy.

Yea, that's a crazy markup brother! I know my dealer here in the states quoted me $1,200, I never thought it would cost that much more in Canada!

Good luck getting your hands on one!

TerrysRam 10-04-2011 09:58 PM

I've got nothing worthwhile to add, I just wanted to say your truck looks f'ing awesome! Nice combo of tires, rims and flares. You done good. :head3:

redlightrico 10-04-2011 09:59 PM

Take a look at Bullet Proof Bumpers. there based out of Red Deer and put out one helluva good looking product. www.bulletproofbumpers.com
they have more than a few options and their customer image gallery has a few '11 rigs.

2011SThemi 10-04-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightrico (Post 628617)
Take a look at Bullet Proof Bumpers. there based out of Red Deer and put out one helluva good looking product. www.bulletproofbumpers.com
they have more than a few options and their customer image gallery has a few '11 rigs.

Where are they located in Red Deer? Thats where i'm from but can not track down a store front location for them. Do they have an actual store? Is it something I have to order via email? I've talked to a local truck store and they have mentioned their name as well but told me they are going to be around that 2-3 thousand mark as well. I'm guessing that's their 3rd party markup on it as well.

I don't know if you were at the Red Deer meet Rico but if you see me around Red Deer make sure to wave or something, I didn't get a chance to make it out as I was working in Sask at the time but wouldn't mind meeting some people from town with the same love I have for the trucks

garner 10-05-2011 02:27 AM

Most offroad bumpers are gonna be over $1,500

Upstater 10-05-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 628845)
Most offroad bumpers are gonna be over $1,500

Not necessarily. It looks to me like right now the few manufacturers are taking advantage of the old supply/demand equation. For instance, Bullet Proof advertises Jeep TJ bumpers for an astoundingly obscene $1,300! You can buy a top of the line bumper for a TJ from Smittybilt, Body Armor, etc. for less than $500. It looks to me like Bullet Proof (as well as Mopar and the others) are engaged in some serious price gouging.

redlightrico 10-05-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011SThemi (Post 628729)
Where are they located in Red Deer? Thats where i'm from but can not track down a store front location for them. Do they have an actual store? Is it something I have to order via email? I've talked to a local truck store and they have mentioned their name as well but told me they are going to be around that 2-3 thousand mark as well. I'm guessing that's their 3rd party markup on it as well.

I don't know if you were at the Red Deer meet Rico but if you see me around Red Deer make sure to wave or something, I didn't get a chance to make it out as I was working in Sask at the time but wouldn't mind meeting some people from town with the same love I have for the trucks

I deliver steel to them all the time, they are down by the SPCA in behind Burnco's retail yard. I havent been in the store front though. The sign on the building says equalizer but I know for sure they fab and install them there. As far as price I do believe they are just under the 2G mark. High, but then again I saw one after a tussle with a moose, and the bumper was still usable and in remarkable shape.
I didnt hit the Red Deer meet either, learned about it 1 day too late :smiledown: If I see you around town I'll be sure to wave or at least attempt to annoy in some way shape or form :LOL: