DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Raced a 2011 Z71 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93575)

GeauxHunting 10-05-2011 04:39 PM

Raced a 2011 Z71

Raced my friends brand new Silverado z71 4x4 with the 5.3 Vortec. I thought I had him.... Until he hit 3rd gear hahah. I was actually pretty impressed with my little 4.7

http://qik.com/video/44822875

BlackHemI 10-05-2011 06:59 PM

good fight! i love 3rd gear, seems to last forever!

nYmPhMoBiLe08 10-05-2011 07:03 PM

Nice race! Surprised you hung with him that long but makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing the Hemi woulda dusted him :)

GeauxHunting 10-05-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYmPhMoBiLe08 (Post 629297)
Nice race! Surprised you hung with him that long but makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing the Hemi woulda dusted him :)

The hemi would have made him it's bitch :LOL:

BlackHemI 10-05-2011 07:54 PM

if i can find a good milage 6.0 chevy, better believe ima grab it and do work to it!

RadioFlyer 10-05-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxHunting (Post 629317)
The hemi would have made him it's bitch :LOL:

That was a good race, you did good...especially from the jump. Those trucks have a very low first gear, I'm surprised it was that close. What street were you on, I'm from around there but couldn't recognize any landmarks.

BlackHemI 10-05-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioFlyer (Post 629573)
That was a good race, you did good...especially from the jump. Those trucks have a very low first gear, I'm surprised it was that close. What street were you on, I'm from around there but couldn't recognize any landmarks.

it was on an enclosed track, professional drivers only! :LOL:right dillon?!?!?!:box:

GeauxHunting 10-05-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioFlyer (Post 629573)

It was on Marconi in Lakeview right along side city park.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 629591)
it was on an enclosed track, professional drivers only! :LOL:right dillon?!?!?!:box:

Errr, yeah of course!! :LOL:

RadioFlyer 10-06-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxHunting (Post 629602)
It was on Marconi in Lakeview right along side city park.

We use to have Marconi locked up and blocked off, the cops couldn't even get in there. Bumper to bumper cars along Bayou St John and Lakeshore Drive, parades of hot rods and racers and spectaters. We shuffled from Marconi, City Park Ave, Winser, Lakeshore and West End Bvd, seen a lot cars go into the bayou racing too, lol! I used to break horses down the street by the golf course for the city cops and at the Fair Grounds...we raced there too. We shuffled to kenner on West Esplanade and on Airline and sometimes to Slidell. I'm ole school boy...that and Kenner on Williams by the Lake is my old stumping grounds, lol! I go there to visit my fam and friends and was there a few months back. I know it's changed considerably but Marconi and the Lake Shore is still the bomb! In the the vid, it looks like you were closer to Filmore direction than City Park. It's not as populated as the City Park area. I can almost see the pics of that levy wall around there in my head too. Most of the speed shops moved toward the North Shore and some died off. There used to be one called Jakes Speed Equipment, he use to race Marconi and Lake Shore with us too. You weren't around then so you wouldn't know of him. You're in a good spot for fun times there Young Skywalker, lol! :smileup:

garner 10-06-2011 04:27 AM

Not bad for the old pre 08 4.7! 08+ 4.7 would've been close, and the 3rd and 4th gen hemis would've definitely smoked him