DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Mustang vs 2011 1500 Hemi stock (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93615)

jshields 10-05-2011 10:47 PM

Mustang vs 2011 1500 Hemi stock

The other day i was headed out to Kept, TX on hwy 175. It was dark and i kept noticing headlights in my rearview that kept getting closer. One up beside me i noticed it was a mustang. I am not sure about exact model(GT, ect) it was, but it was a newer one with what looked to be a ram air hood of some sort (i dont know if it was for looks or actually functioned). Either way, the driver would speed up...slow down...speed up....slow down. Did this for about a mile. So the next time he slowed down i gave it a little more throttle and hit 80 mpg (i was already doing 70 in a 60). Then i slowed back down and he even up with me. He flashed his lights and punched it. I was a little behind on the start since he was the one who started. But after my truck gave a roar from the increased gas flow (and after it switched from 6-8 cylinders) I was off....nothing but tail lights. I was from 70-100mph in no time and the truck was showing no signs of slowing down or hesitation. I know the evil gov. would have kicked it shortly after 105mph, but i was already so far ahead of him it wouldnt have mattered. I exited the highway with flashing hazards and wanted him to pull off also to get his imput, but he kept on riding. I am hoping that he just didnt think i was trying to slightly pull ahead of him again. I just got tired of him taunting like that and wanted to give him a chance to show what he had.....guess it wasnt enough...

GeauxHunting 10-05-2011 10:53 PM

Nice kill man! I always like to talk to people after a race, but it seems like no one ever wants too. I guess it's hard to trust people nowadays.

jshields 10-05-2011 11:06 PM

Well his vehicle had no badging on it so i was taking a risk. Mine is completely badged out so he knew what i was starting with and had nothing more than i drove off the lot with....well except a direct replacement K&N air filter. I would have liked to see what he was running and would have stopped if i had won or lost, because all it is is a race. Take your winnings and take your beatings with pride. If the other vehicle wins, give them props and learn from what you did. Alot of times you are just out machined. If you are out driven, then you need improvement...its that simple.

garner 10-06-2011 04:25 AM

Nice kill! With the way you killed it, it was probably the 4.0 V6 from 2005-2010. Now don't get me wrong they're quick cars(low 15s stock, had one myself) but I think the hemi rams edge them and you showed it

Bordin 10-15-2011 12:03 PM

I had the beast up to 175km/hr one day (108mph for you boys) and she wanted to keep going. I have read the governor kicks in at 105, maybe my speedos off?? I don't think that would have affected it

I didn't hit the governor yet, anyone ever reach it?? I only did it twice got her to 170km/hr range than I got to scared incase a stupid pig shows up... bye bye truck and bye bye license

But nice kill buddy, really shows that these trucks have balls

moparornocar72 10-15-2011 12:40 PM

i reached mine before i increased it with the ds. it just backed off the rpms. i was like what in the.......oh ok. had plenty more in it though

2011lilred 10-15-2011 12:57 PM

Back in 03 when I got my first Hemi, I got my doors blown off by a 97ish Dakota when my govenor kicked in at 105. I was pissed because he was doing 120 easily. We pulled off at the next exit and I found out he was running a 5.2L, but with headers, M1 single plane intake and bigger throttle body, but the kicker was the tuner to adjust the govenor. I immediately went out and bought my Superchips, then set the govenor to 140 but never took it beyond about 125 - that was plenty fast in that big of a truck for me. I never did see that Dakota again to get a rematch though...

Gene K 10-16-2011 06:26 AM

No offense but my 2007 4.6L 3V ran 12.9 @ 107 on a 1.8 with just a CAI and Tuner and my 2011 5.0 runs 12.6 @ 112 on a 1.9 60' Showroom Stock. Im somewhat doubtful that was a GT. Most likely it was a 4.0L as the new 3.7L is barely slower than the 4.6L 3V.

Kleeeen 10-16-2011 11:15 AM

The 4.0 Mustang is a lump that barely has enough power to get out of its own way

dodgert 10-16-2011 11:32 AM

Ive hit the 105 106 cut off more then id like to mention its nice beating mustangs and camaros but pretty embarrassing when you hit 105 and they blow past you.