DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Headlight issue (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93624)

jacruz2 10-06-2011 01:38 AM

Headlight issue

Hello forumers

I'm in need of some help my passenger headlamp is out both low and high (quad lights) so I tried changing the bulbs with no joy. I would take it to the dealer but I had HIDs and I had to drill a hole behind the plastic caps to run the wires threw and I'm afraid the dealer will just blame it on that instead of focus on my issue (the issue is with the standard bulbs pulled HIDs out before this problem). The parking lamp and signal still work and my EVIC isn't throwing any codes so I'm kinda at a lost at what to do:4-dontknow:.

I've also tried looking for those plastic headlight caps but I can't find a part number. So if you have any info on my issue or even know where I can find those caps or even the proper terminology I'd greatly appreciate it,

Thanks

moparornocar72 10-06-2011 01:43 PM

I had a issue with my hids causing them to go out since the connection was loose, put the old light back in and still no dice. Try disconnecting the negative and then reconnecting it to re-set the connection. hope it works for you!

jacruz2 10-06-2011 10:57 PM

I tried disconnecting the battery for 10+mins with no luck thanks for the advice.

Is there a difference in just disconnecting the negative also is there a way to see if the vehicle is throwing any codes on the EVIC?

I also tried pulling out the TIPM and checking the connections. I hate driving around with the one eye Willie I'm starting to hate this TIPM idea.

BlackJack 10-20-2011 01:35 AM

Help! with low and high beam issues.

:4-dontknow:I have the same problem. No low or high beam on the passenger side after I installed HID. I first tried it on the driver side only to see the difference between the two. Then installed the passenger side and turned it on and only the driver side lit up. Everything else works. Even tried to go back to the original lights and they don't work anymore either. Send me an email with the solution please. don_pr2003@yahoo.ca.

jacruz2 10-20-2011 06:16 AM

I don't have a solution but I was able to buy those plastic caps that I drilled holes in and I'm waiting for them to come in. Once I get them in I'll take my truck to the dealer and I'll let you know what I find. Also if you find a solution before then feel free to post it up here.

A guy on another forum had this same issue and he was able to trace it back to a grounding issue but I tried to write him and ask him where but he hasn't responded to me and he hasn't logged on to his account in over two months.

bassbolt 10-29-2011 12:08 PM

Where did you find the caps? Part # ?????

jacruz2 10-30-2011 09:15 PM

I wasn't able to get a part# but Jeremy from the

http://*************/index.html

Was able to help me out with two of them.

brad12kx 10-30-2011 11:44 PM

With the headlights turned 'OFF', when you go to start the truck and turn the ignition switch to the on position, do both the low beam headlights come on?

BlackJack 10-30-2011 11:54 PM

No they do not go on when the light switch is in the off position on start up. If they are in auto yes they do. Well in my case the driver side until I get the issue resolved.:doh:

brad12kx 10-31-2011 12:15 AM

This start up sequence is separate from the information from the headlight switch, so if the condition is the same, then the problem is either in the TIPM, or in the wiring from the TIPM. If you have a code reader, there may be a deep code that suggests the TIPM is in protect mode (although this should have reset when you disconnected the battery cable), or the TIPM has lost some of it's programming, or the TIPM has failed.

Have you check the headlight connector to make sure none of the wires have pulled part way out and subsequently are not making proper connection on the bulb? I have seen this scenario many times, so it's worth checking out. :)