DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   We got Rammed! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93658)

dodged 10-06-2011 02:44 PM

We got Rammed!

My dad just bought a brand new 2011 Ram 1500 ST Quad cab 4x4 5.7 v-8 hemi 5-speed trans on Monday and drove it home. On Tuesday, he took it to meeting and the back end started shaking and bouncing around like crazy on a smooth paved road as if he had a blowout. He had put about 14 miles on it from the dealer and took it back home. The tires were fine. He looked underneath and saw scratches, dings and marks that show the rear end had been up on a lift. He's put a total of 15 miles on the vehicle and had to have it towed back to the dealer. Someone knew this truck had a problem and frauded my father when they sold it as a new vehicle and I am mad as hell. Where do I go and what do I do to get this resolved immediately?

moparornocar72 10-06-2011 02:54 PM

Go to whoever sold u the car, if they dont want to hear it call someone higher up the food chain then them and so on and so forth until it is resolved.

platinuminjected 10-06-2011 02:56 PM

i would think chrysler head office would be a good place to start but i would be sooooo pissed and i would bring that truck back and leave it and prolly go buy one from a different place cuz thats a pretty big issue

SeattlePete 10-06-2011 02:57 PM

First place to go is to the GM (with your father) at the dealer with a cool head and facts- leave the emotion in check. This will usually get you further than going in with guns blazing....

After that, you have the corporate ladder to climb (dealership owner, regional rep, etc)...

dodged 10-06-2011 03:06 PM

I need to have the corporate numbers in my back pocket. Anyone have them?

My dad paid cash for this truck and we can't just leave it and tell them to stick it. He took photos of everything because he's a retired mechanic and knows what things should look like and what he saw was not a new truck.

Having those numbers might save us from threatening a lawsuit which we'll do if we need. In the meantime I'll tell everyone, everywhere about our experience until it gets resolved to total satisfaction!

Any help or info is greatly appreciated!

SeattlePete 10-06-2011 03:30 PM

Should be a pretty easy google search to find the info on the dealer owner, etc. Again I strongly suggest you go in ready for bear, but not go ballistic unless necessary/warranted.

GTyankee 10-06-2011 04:04 PM

the numbers are all in the owners manual, the warranty booklet, & other places

http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfserv...7;28%27R%27%29

Jixer 10-06-2011 04:54 PM

Start your documentation now. Take many pics of the marks under the truck. Go first back to the dealership and start with the manager and document everything. Dates, times, people, dialogue etc etc etc. And like what was said earlier, be civil...we understand you are upset, and rightly so, but keep a cool head! Guns a blazin should be your last and final option! Best of luck to you and your father.

CajunDodge 10-06-2011 05:10 PM

Wow, that really sucks, very sorry to hear about your situation! I agree with what has been said so far, having a cool head and dealing with them rationally when you talk to them will definitely go a long way until you feel like you're getting the runaround. Document EVERYTHING as has been said and just follow the chain of command, starting with the dealership. That way, when/if Chrysler has to get involved, they can see that you have taken what steps you could at that level and there still has been no resolution but best of luck to you and be sure to keep us posted!

- Cajun

gysnst2 10-06-2011 11:28 PM

Start documenting everything. When was the truck built. Did it have the k39 recall. If it had the recall, the dealer then had teh dif open!!!! Where do you live. Sounds like my shady dealer.