DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   07 Tundra 5.7 Single Cab v.s. My RAM (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93796)

RansRAM 10-08-2011 10:17 AM

07 Tundra 5.7 Single Cab v.s. My RAM

So my brother-in-law has this 07 5.7 single cab Tundra and we ended up side by side at a light last night. He is one of those guys that hates to loose, if you know what i mean. Sadly I have to admit that the 1st round goes to him only because he did a rolling start while the light was still red and I was caught looking down and by the time I got on it my single rear tire just spun for a bit (Damm 3.55 which I regret :i_rolleyes:). So I concided without really trying, driver distraction :sad:.
So we get up to the next light side by side and he rolls down his window bragging about his posi v.s. my 3.55. I knew this had to end so I put the auto stick into "3" and selected 4WD Auto. Just before the light turned green he once again did the rolling start thing (WTF) however the outcome this time was different. :gy: Before the other side of the intersection he was seeing my nice pretty LED tails and about 1/4 mile later I swung into his lane with him way back there. Once again the HEMI has done my proud :pepper: ...

platinuminjected 10-08-2011 12:14 PM

nice kill bud:) but enlighten me on why you put er into 3rd gear instead of first? do the truck launch better or something? id like to know for future reference:)

RansRAM 10-08-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platinuminjected (Post 631257)
nice kill bud:) but enlighten me on why you put er into 3rd gear instead of first? do the truck launch better or something? id like to know for future reference:)

Thanks, even though I set it to 3rd it still launches in first. All it really means is that 3rd will be the highest gear reached. Since I was on a max 60km street I knew I would not top out much more than 80km/hr win or loose.

platinuminjected 10-08-2011 12:53 PM

oooooh ok thanks for clearing that up bud:)

BlackHemI 10-12-2011 12:13 AM

nice kill, those tundras are def not somethinng for my 3rd gen to play with

CdnoilRAM 10-12-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 634139)

Actually, they are. Quite fun to play with, more evenly matched, stock. Which is why a few bolt-ons with a programmer and you get to alugh at them when they ask if you've got it 'chipped' :doh:

BlackHemI 10-12-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 634368)
Actually, they are. Quite fun to play with, more evenly matched, stock. Which is why a few bolt-ons with a programmer and you get to alugh at them when they ask if you've got it 'chipped' :doh:

hmm i still dont mess with em when i see them lol, i didnt kno we actually stood a chance, seen numerous videos on youtube of them beating us and my friends lifted tundra on 35's barely looses to my buddies 4x4 hemi with fat ass mudders

RansRAM 10-12-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 634139)

When your right your right. I did some research on it after I got home and did not realize that it packs around 385 HP. It is also lighter than mine and sports posi traction. I'm guessing since his was bone stock and mine has the K&N drop-in with FM 40 and the 91 tune, it was the reason I so handily took him down. I mean there was no competition on the second run as I had time to check my mirror and merge into his lane.

BlackHemI 10-12-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RansRAM (Post 634628)
When your right your right. I did some research on it after I got home and did not realize that it packs around 385 HP. It is also lighter than mine and sports posi traction. I'm guessing since his was bone stock and mine has the K&N drop-in with FM 40 and the 91 tune, it was the reason I so handily took him down. I mean there was no competition on the second run as I had time to check my mirror and merge into his lane.

lol eh ill give one a shot but no one likes losing! :sad:especially to a tundra :SHOCKED:

Moose612 02-14-2012 03:15 PM

Yeah I try to avoid Tundras, they are pretty quick and alot of them are running the same bolt ons and tuners. Especially around military bases lol. So the third gen rams sadly get left behind. But fords are a whole other story haha.