DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Outdoorsman package is a rip off-get a Sport (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93856)

lbre75 10-09-2011 09:47 AM

Outdoorsman package is a rip off-get a Sport

I posted my intro post about the issues that I am having with my 11' Ram Outdoorsman crew 4x4 recently and I have gotten a few of the issues resolved. After doing some more research, I really think that I got screwed on this Outdoorsman model for the MSRP and then the OTD price. My truck listed at $43,500.00 and I ended up at $32k after all of the dealing. Problem is, I could have gotten a 4x4 Sport with better equipment for very little if any more! My truck has pretty much every option other than the sunroof that is available on the Outdoorsman. The Sport can be ordered with Auto climate control, has better seats and the padded dash standard as well as the dual exhaust and even the better transfer case with the auto setting. The Outdoorsman has the two tone paint and the wheel flares and those stupid decals on the bed sides. I just don't get it! Why is my glorified SLT so expensive as compared to the Sport that it better equipped? I really regret my purchase and can't wait to get rid of this truck for sure now. All of the trim and paint issues that I have that are slowly being corrected are not helping my thoughts either.
I finally got the center console trim plate replaced, the instrument cluster lens and the roof seam molding replaced. The passenger front fender was also adjusted to keep the door from rubbing it and the edge of both panels were touched up to cover the bare metal that had shown through from rubbing. They still have not replaced my scuffed/scratched wheels and told me tough sh** on the awful two tone paint bleed through and misaligned front bumper as well as the headliner issue at the rear of the cab. Three out four of the wheel flares have came loose now where they are held on by double sided tape that has to be repaired too. I found out that the build date of the truck was July 5th, so that pretty much explains the whole thing to me. Just wanted to give you all some insight on my situation. BTW> I only have 700 miles on the pos right now and it is 1 month old. Thanks for the moral support! :sad:

Green 1500 10-09-2011 10:11 AM

I bought an Outdoorsman a month ago but the dealer screwed things up and I gave it back. Then I bought a SLT bighorn QC from another dealer. I love the thing. Maybe it was a good thing that I gave it back..... Hope everything gets straightened out for you.

JasonK94Z 10-09-2011 10:49 AM

My fender flaires on my Outdoorsman are coming loose too.

What is the issue with the headliner? Mine doesn't go all the way to the rear and has a gap. The material is seperated from the pad back there in a couple od spots too.

Other than that, I am happy with the truck.

gysnst2 10-09-2011 11:34 AM

Dude you could have bought a pretty loaded 4x4 Laramie cc for that price. I priced out a sport with all my options and it was 50 my Laramie's MSRP was 47

erm 10-09-2011 01:00 PM

Well, sorry to hear you are having problems with the truck.

As far as the price and option package differences between the Outdoorsman and the Sport, ya just gotta do your homework before you get too far into a deal.

Hope everything works out for ya.

Blorton 10-09-2011 01:31 PM

Sorry you got hosed. I was thinking about one of those before getting the Express - but heard bad things about the bed rail storage bins being pretty rinky dink.

good luck.

lbre75 10-09-2011 04:38 PM

Same deal with the headliner coming loose and not going back all the way like it should. I am in negotiations with a different dealer now that seems to really wanna do the right thing and help me out of my mistake and into the truck that I thought I was getting. I really thought that the Outdoorsman was basically a Sport without the front bumper cover and steel bumpers instead. Of course the salesman and manager where I bought the truck through the internet assured me that it was!:doh: I know that you can't trust most salesmen to start with, but hey, he seemed like a very nice fellow. Now the way that they have handled( or lack thereof handling) my warranty issues just really sticks it in me deep. I will never buy another thing from them, even an oil filter, from now on out even though I will have to drive 30 miles to the next dealer. Of course Chrysler Customer service is a joke too and can't do much to make the dealership step up and do the right thing. Sometimes you win and some you lose, guess I was on the wrong team this time. :4-dontknow:

Stangshcky12 10-09-2011 04:54 PM

With all those problems it sounds to me you should have looked over the truck a little better before taking it off the lot

GTyankee 10-09-2011 05:13 PM

I guess i was just plain lucky
all i wanted was an 8 cylinder, automatic, front & rear seat & it had to be short enough to fit in my parking spot, & the color would stand out from all the other vehicles out there
I didn't drive it before i took it off the dealers lot to take it home
When i got home, my friends pointed things out like the grille, dual exhaust, etc

gysnst2 10-09-2011 05:39 PM

It all the trucks dodge builds. Their QC sucks. I love my new ram. But this is the second one this year and this one has problems 2