DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   My 2001 1500 Build (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93891)

Metallifan 10-09-2011 09:27 PM

My 2001 1500 Build

5 Attachment(s)
Hey, guys.

I began my build, and I think I'm off to a pretty dang good start here. So far, I've installed some new headlights with LEDs, new LED taillights, LED third brake light, a capacitor for my 2 amps, did the Big 3 upgrade, Cleaned up my cables for the audio system a bit, put on a new black grille, and applied a nicely sized Metallica vinyl to the rear window.

Here's the before:
Attachment 22503
Here are a few night and day pictures:

Day front (headlights came smoked, no adverse effects to light quality):
Attachment 22502
Night front:
Attachment 22501
Night rear:
Attachment 22500
Day rear: (The taillights came smoked, I sprayed VHT on the third brake light, the LEDs still shine through just fine.)
Attachment 22499

I just cut the muffler off today, and man, does it sound amazing just for cutting off a freakin muffler!!!! It's got the 5.9. I'm having some custom straight duals out the back with 3" tips angled down done soon.

I'll take some pictures of the Big 3, capacitor, and sound system later.

I've got 2 Sound Ordnace 6x9s in the front doors, 2 Kicker 6-1/2"s in the rear doors, all 4 powered by 55 RMS each, 2 10" Kenwoods under the rear seat in a custom enclosure, 600 RMS to those.

Tomorrow, I'm getting a roll pan painted and put on, scrapping my stock bumper and hitch, getting the hood hinges fixed because they're bent, converting my 4WD to cable system, and repainting my wheels black.

Later this week, I'm putting in cab lights and in 2-3 weeks I'll have new mud tires and window covers for the ext cab windows with a ram head logo on 'em.

I have one question. How can I get pulled out if I put on a roll pan? Where would I be able to hook to without damaging anything?

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the truck! If you want more pics, just ask! Also, if you want a vid of the exhaust, again, just ask.

age525 10-09-2011 10:55 PM

Cool, looks really nice. I like the black grille a lot.

mr.lopar 10-10-2011 01:47 PM

if you plan on wheelin a lot i would stay away from the roll pan as it will get damaged quick if you get stuck, unless you leave the reciever hitch on.

btw i like those taillights, where did you get em?

MADDOG 10-10-2011 03:06 PM

Nice looking upgrades! Keep up the good work!

Metallifan 10-10-2011 06:03 PM

The taillights were really cheap. Because they're cheap Chinese things. They work really well and look nice, though. I got them off of eBay for $90 and it came with a smoked third brake light. You have to get an electronic signal relay because the current draw is so low on the LEDs, the computer thinks your bulbs are out and increases the speed of the signals.

ORT 10-10-2011 06:34 PM

The truck is looking good in the pics.

mr.lopar 10-11-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallifan (Post 632832)
The taillights were really cheap. Because they're cheap Chinese things. They work really well and look nice, though. I got them off of eBay for $90 and it came with a smoked third brake light. You have to get an electronic signal relay because the current draw is so low on the LEDs, the computer thinks your bulbs are out and increases the speed of the signals.

thanks, and i dont mind they're cheap as i dont have a whole lotta cash. i love how they light up with the 4 circles:smileup: