DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   ram 1500 lift kit hunting (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93911)

bandar 10-10-2011 12:28 AM

ram 1500 lift kit hunting

Hello RAM lovers .
Am looking for a lift kit for my truck, I got the day-star 2.5 lift kit , but it looks so small and it didnt do much for my truck .in fact some told me the readylift 2.5 lift kit is bigger ??!! am not sure if thats true. any how thinking of a 4inch or 6 inch lift kit but the are so expensive .
I tried to find any 3 inch lift kits for the ram but didnt find anything on line .
so
1. are they any 3 inch lift kits for the ram 1500 ?
2. is the ready lift 2.5 inch lift kit better or bigger than the daystar ?
3 what are the cheapest 4 and 6 inch lift kits in the market?
need your help guys .
regards. Bandar:smiley_thumbs_up:

JTram0822 10-10-2011 01:27 AM

What's goin on Bandar. I am also currently looking for a lift for my truck. And your right the lifts are very expensive which is causing me to have to buy each thing separately. I have already purchased my rims and tires, but I haven't gotten the lift yet because I am not sure which one to get. I am goin with a 4 in' kit. I got 35x12.50 R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. But If Im not mistaken Rough Country has a 3.25 combo kit u might be interested in and looks to be pretty mean in the picture, and it is very cheap compared to the other kits. Maybe something your looking for. Hope that helps

Hellspawn1 10-10-2011 01:34 AM

Go with BDS that has life time warranty on 4 and 6 inch lifts.
In California.

ArmyRXP 10-10-2011 01:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm in the market too but have chose the Zone 4" lift. Nice price and looks great.

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=271&gr=-1

Here is a pic of a Sport with the kit on. Can't wait to get mine on with the same trails as you JT.

He says he has 1" spacers on the wheels too. This is the look I'm going for as for hunting no need for a big 6" lift for me.

Gary

Stangshcky12 10-10-2011 01:46 AM

Rough country lifts are worth checking out, not quite as nice as the BDS lifts but are much more inexpensive and they have a really good warranty as well.
I have heard a number of people complain about daystar lifts, especially them not giving the full height. Check out hell bent steel spacers if you do decide to try another spacer. I highly recommend them.

bandar 10-11-2011 11:28 PM

good day to you all , and thanx for your reply ,
1st of all you guys are correct when you start lifting you wont stop, the problem is not only the lift kit and its pricing , the shipping and how heavy it is, am not from the USA , so when a lift kit is shipped over sea. it will cost more than the lift kit its self.
and as you guys said the body lift is a good choice but I was watching its installation and its not easy , I have to find someone here that can do the work perfectly.
I had 3 wrangler jk and tj before but I didn't have these problems .
the 4 inch kit looks great I will try to contact the shipment company's to ask what is the easiest way to ship it here.
thanx guys again.
I will try to post my trucks pix so u guys can see it and tell me what u think

BIG68CHARGER 10-12-2011 12:04 PM

Body Lift

I have been searching for the best $$$ in a lift for a few months now and have been told that the PLS600 Performance Accessories Premium 5.00 in Body Lift Kit is the way to go. Price varies at each vendor from $662 at Summit to $493 at Amazon. There is more information at www.performanceaccessories.com under the NEW RELEASES tab. I haven’t purchased the kit yet, trying to save up to by tires at the same time…….. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Sphincter 10-12-2011 12:28 PM

I have a 6in ProComp lift and I absolutely love it. It rides great and the quality is excellent. The kit was somewhere around 2300 including installation and alignment. The shop I go to claims they had several quality issues with Rough Country and stopped carrying their products. Appearantly they don't hold up well in off road situations. But who knows. I'm sure your truck will turn out nicely regardless of which kit you go with.

Stangshcky12 10-12-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG68CHARGER (Post 634403)
I have been searching for the best $$$ in a lift for a few months now and have been told that the PLS600 Performance Accessories Premium 5.00 in Body Lift Kit is the way to go. Price varies at each vendor from $662 at Summit to $493 at Amazon. There is more information at www.performanceaccessories.com under the NEW RELEASES tab. I haven’t purchased the kit yet, trying to save up to by tires at the same time…….. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

I've only ever driven a jeep with a 3" body lift and it made me really nervous, I couldn't imagine a 5"!

bandar 10-14-2011 03:06 AM

good day to you guys , good news I found a 3.5 inch lift kit , that has a great price and its not heavy to ship over seas , take a look at it and tell me what you think .
I will try to contact the saler as the lift kit is 3.5 in-front and 2 inch rear witch I want him to change into 2.5 rear so the truck will level more and get a great look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-11-Dodge-...ht_2962wt_1270

please guys tell me what you think , should I go for it ??