DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   To Ram Runner or Not to Ram Runner (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94040)

dieselholic 10-11-2011 12:44 PM

To Ram Runner or Not to Ram Runner

I just got a new 2011 Flame red CC 4x4. I cant make my mind up on if i want to make a ram runner or use mopars parts to make one. And i really want to keep my unlimited millage warrenty on my drive train. So I dont know what to do. I wouldnt be beating up the truck i Just love the look and If i did build it up i might just have to find something to jump a few times. Any ideas on what to do would be helpful thanks.

mr.lopar 10-11-2011 12:51 PM

dooo iiiit!!! :D

Bordin 10-11-2011 12:59 PM

Get ready to spend 13 grand on that suspension package thats on the ram rummer lol

dieselholic 10-11-2011 01:05 PM

Ya 13k does suck thats why i have been looking into KORE racing. I think they are the ones that actually build the ram runner kit but since it says MOPAR on it they can charge way more than kore does. Will a long arm kit void my warrenty?

Porter_ 10-11-2011 01:09 PM

i wouldn't do it to my truck- cool look, but not worth the price tag in my case. but hey...it's the internet and i'm some anonymous person so i say DO IT.

Bordin 10-11-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieselholic (Post 633573)
Ya 13k does suck thats why i have been looking into KORE racing. I think they are the ones that actually build the ram runner kit but since it says MOPAR on it they can charge way more than kore does. Will a long arm kit void my warrenty?

See the warranty issue is the largest issue. If you screw around with aftermarket suspension it might void it. It won't void your warranty for say the powertrain or paint or that.

You might need to make a trip to a "real" dodge dealer that actually knows what they are talking about. And let them know what you want to do. If it will void the warranty.

Our dealership here does warranty "approved" lift kits, most aftermarket kits void the stock warranty.

Its a vague description.

Let us know what goes on though, I am pretty curious too man

dieselholic 10-12-2011 02:22 AM

When i get back on shore I will goto where i got the truck and ask. Cause its the dealership thstgave me the lifetime warrenty. The lift is only 3.5" but it changes alot of stuff. Just cause it dont say MOPAR and cost a million dollars I dont see why they would'nt warrenty it. Once i get back i will ask the dealership and then i will be looing for fenders and once i start the project i will do a full write up on it with pics.

Bordin 10-12-2011 10:04 AM

Definitely going to keep an eye out for this

pupdawg 10-12-2011 10:10 AM

$13K is quite a bit of money considering the warranty issue...I do like the look but wouldn't want to get into quarrel with the dealership over it all...Def want to see it if you go for it! Keep us posted with decision and pics!

moparman7272 10-12-2011 05:05 PM

I love the look of it but my wife would kill me for spending 13k. If you have the cash I say do it!