DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   V6 challenger,V6 stang (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94544)

Bistre 10-18-2011 01:15 AM

V6 challenger,V6 stang

So last night about 1130 i was coming home and came to a light where its pretty isolated on the 4 lane. A new model challenger and mustang were revving and trying to show off. The challenger was loud from the modded exhaust but obviously a V6. So they took off and the challenger had half a car length from the go. I just bought a 2011 Crew and love the power of this hemi but can tell shes tuned down horribly!! Ive got just over 2k miles and havent had a race yet so i decided to join in. I left the light and immediately started gaining on both. As the challenger started to gain on the mustang i had enough to room to switch. When i jumped over i started walking the challenger all the way to 105 where i had about 3/4 truck length on him. My fuel gauge was barely touching the E line but the light wasnt on and i have 3.55 gears on an open dif. Nothing special. I was shocked tho whEn the 105 hit the truck bucked as if someone yanked on the bumper. It obviously has a hell of alot more to go!

2011lilred 10-18-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bistre (Post 638232)
So last night about 1130 i was coming home and came to a light where its pretty isolated on the 4 lane. A new model challenger and mustang were revving and trying to show off. The challenger was loud from the modded exhaust but obviously a V6. So they took off and the challenger had half a car length from the go. I just bought a 2011 Crew and love the power of this hemi but can tell shes tuned down horribly!! Ive got just over 2k miles and havent had a race yet so i decided to join in. I left the light and immediately started gaining on both. As the challenger started to gain on the mustang i had enough to room to switch. When i jumped over i started walking the challenger all the way to 105 where i had about 3/4 truck length on him. My fuel gauge was barely touching the E line but the light wasnt on and i have 3.55 gears on an open dif. Nothing special. I was shocked tho whEn the 105 hit the truck bucked as if someone yanked on the bumper. It obviously has a hell of alot more to go!

Two cars racing and out of nowhere, they get passed...NICE!!! That govenor really jumps out at you when it hits, doesn't it!!!

Bistre 10-18-2011 12:59 PM

Yeah man definitely! My 03' quad hemi rolled to 105 and the rpms would sorta level off. This one got to 105 way before i realised and the truck bucked like i hit something and did it again a second after. I looked down and realised i was hittin the limit and thought damn diablo needs to hurry!!!

BlackHemI 10-19-2011 10:32 AM

nice kill on both "ricers" lol keep it safe!

CdnoilRAM 10-19-2011 10:44 AM

Yeah, even the third gen hemi will give the 3.5l ho engines a run for their money. Just was racing my friend with his modded V6 at the track last week and it was probably the most even run of the might, but I came out on top of that one.

garner 10-29-2011 03:17 AM

Nice run! Sounds like 3.5 challenger and 4.0 mustang

Pony Hauler 10-29-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 639028)
nice kill on both "ricers" lol keep it safe!

I wouldn't call "American Made" V6 Sports cars "ricers".
I really don't call this a Kill, when you have a 5.7 Hemi running against a 3.5 and 3.7 V6. Come on 305HP against the 390HP on a Hemi.
I smoked a bicycle off the line the other day, does that count as a kill?

BlackHemI 10-29-2011 09:55 AM

thanks pony for taking that seriously, its called a joke because theyre v6's in a MUSCLE car just to clarify that....and if he wanted to race then yes! a kill is a kill lol

Bordin 10-30-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 645908)
thanks pony for taking that seriously, its called a joke because theyre v6's in a MUSCLE car just to clarify that....and if he wanted to race then yes! a kill is a kill lol

A kill is a kill!

Some kid in his daddys little V6 stang wants to have a little bit of fun and gets roasted.. its still a race and its still a kill.

Sick job man! Show em what that hemi has

BlackHemI 10-30-2011 01:41 PM

exactly Bordin...:rep: