DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Confuscious says theres' confusion.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94622)

smokin 08 10-18-2011 11:21 PM

Confuscious says theres' confusion....

Hey everybody would like some inputs on an old question.Seems there a lot of options for the diesel tunes out there and this adds to a lot of confusion as I might say,what to do with the oem exhaust, what to do with the egr.,what to do to the ecm,etc.The issue is original warranty coverage on the powertrain if a guy deleats all this stuff, will DODGE cover me with a motor/tranny issue? Also there seems to be all these programmers you guys' brag about, has nobody done the EFI live?Why I ask is there is a gentleman in Winnipeg Man.that has a custom shop and he will do this set up,complete exhaust changeover,removal of egr cooler if requested by customer or just blocked off,also he dyno tunes the oem engine module (EFI live) for your needs! Incredible results,so what have you guys have to say?:Hey:

Stangshcky12 10-18-2011 11:27 PM

Warranty- gone.
EFI live is great programing if your looking for a high performance truck. If not just stick with an out of the box programmer. I really like h&s tuner over any other out there. DS are also great tuners
Efi live is a pain to set up at first but it can pin point exactly what you want out of a truck. Since its tuned specifically for you truck it'll burn cleaner the an out of the box. To tune ego live they have an idea of where the parameters need to be then you new to track the truck and give them the information so they can see what needs to be adjusted

smokin 08 10-19-2011 03:34 PM

Yes the fellow has an in shop dyno. which he runs the vehicle on to set everything up.He has done lots of Dodge trucks for farmers, contractors and service trucks, and all have great success! I just wanted to know also if anybody has done this method and how they come to like it compared to programers?

Stangshcky12 10-19-2011 03:50 PM

As far as I know there isn't anyone hear running it. I would question how much success he's really had since the software for cummins is still in the beta testing (only been available since April).
EFi live is only available for 06 and 07.5 5.9L cummins anyway. Go with an h&s mini maxx it won't disappoint you

smokin 08 10-27-2011 12:20 AM

Well this is why its confusing! What should a guy go with? Thanks for the inputs.

Stangshcky12 10-27-2011 01:22 AM

Well I guess I shouldn't doubt he's tuned multiple trucks, just not to many cummins.
I will swear by the h&s tuners. They have the most up to date tunes and features and great customer service. If your willing to spend the money, a tu er with a monitor is really nice to have, not only can you change times on the fly but they double as gauges that are very important. The mini maxx is really nice. Diablo,edge and smarty are also nice tuners

smokin 08 11-28-2011 12:10 AM

oooppppss

Sorry just to say that this gent in Winnipeg does not do efi live! He has his custom tunes he installs in the oem ecm,this still allows for the original safety margins built into the unit for all the power train. This is not like lots of tuners that stack on and could create havoc with the whole powertrain. And yes he has done LOTS of cummins diesels with nothing but success. I will post a note later when I get my truck done to let you guys' know what she does. Thanks.

Stangshcky12 11-28-2011 02:03 AM

Very interested in your experience. Would love to here dyno numbers and fuel mileage after for comparison