DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   dealers final numbers..... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=94655)

PA RAM 10-19-2011 12:34 PM

dealers final numbers.....

on the 2012 evpress quad cab i am looking at. went by this morning. they wanted more info, run credit, etc......

sticker $33.870
selling price $32.500
my trade $21.000
my pay off $22.884
rebate $1810
tax $581
% rate 3.97

$450.29/month
currently at $429.00 month.

i do like the ram. pluses are moving up 2 years. full size from a mid. 5cyl to hemi. for $20 more a month.

minuses/ are a long term loan.

dealer called while i was in the shower. left a message they are getting the truck in by friday anyway. (they do not have the express. found what i wanted at another dealer they deal with anyway). even if you dont take it, we will have one in stock to sell.

guess it all depends how bad i want the ram. comments wanted/welcome....

SeattlePete 10-19-2011 12:55 PM

Find a 2011- better rebates and incentives. If it means a road trip, do it.
There are deals out there....

PA RAM 10-19-2011 12:58 PM

sadly the express is only avalible in reg.cab for 2011.

SeattlePete 10-19-2011 01:04 PM

Well.... with the rebates and incentives, you could probably get a quad or crew cab, better equipped, for the same pricing....

PA RAM 10-19-2011 01:31 PM

i did find a 11 sport. (express on steriods) quad cab, but after driving the bucket/console set up, i prefer the bench seat. and the all the same body color of the express.(sport is also one color) i do agree tho, the best deals currently are on the 11's. its just what i perfer.

pete, did you go thru the converter issue? i was wondering if the 2012 was affected? or the 6-speed auto made a diff? seems like i read all 10-11 having the issue?

GTyankee 10-19-2011 02:28 PM

no matter what year you end up with
do NOT let them sell you a RAM with the RES 130 Media Center Radio, it is a base model radio & usually does NOT come with Bluetooth Uconnect, microphone, hands free calling, smart phone module, sometimes they don't even have a satellite module.
If they say the radio is COMPATIBLE, it means that all the above is not included
Make a fully functional radio a condition of the sale

The 2011s have wonderful sales right now
The transmission is the 545RFE 5 speed with 2 Second gears & 2 Fifth gears
the Rear ends have various ratios .... 3.21, 3.55, 3.92, 4.11,.. you can get a Limited Slip Differential with the 3.55 or 3.92
To answer the phone you have to reach over to the far side of the radio, to push a button

The 2012s have the 65RFE transmission, 6 speed, with only 1 Second gear & 1 fifth gear & an upgraded torque converter
The brand new steering wheel has control buttons for the phone, cruise control & several other functions
One or 2 of the radios have also a TEXTING function, both Text to Speech for receiving, & Speech to Text for sending
The rear end ratios are the same as for the 2011

Good Luck on your new purchase