DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ordered Airaid CAI and TBS today (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=95403)

JaredSS 10-29-2011 04:09 PM

Ordered Airaid CAI and TBS today
 
Hey all,
I ordered me an Airaid Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer today. I know there's diverse opinions on these two add-ons, but I wanted both of them so I bought both of them. I hear people say the TBS spacers are paperweights, yet they have never run them; I hear people say the CAI's are a waste then the next guy claims 10HP increases. Some people say that if the TBS's truly worked that the manufacturer would install them from the factory, but I find that hard to believe because most manufacturers offer a full line of OEM aftermarket parts and if this was the case why do they give me a 4x4 truck with street tires or a V8 with no trailer hitch. Anyways, I am opening up this can of worms so let's here the opinions!!! :gy:

916Timmy 10-29-2011 04:11 PM

It might not help, but it won't hurt anything either....

PS- It's your truck and your money!!! Congrats on the mods! Pics or else :)

JaredSS 10-29-2011 04:39 PM

That's kind of the way I look at it. I have read on other forums and reviews that if the TBS's actuallys worked Dodge would put them on from the factory, but I don't buy that. If that was the case there would have been a diablo or superchip tuner in my glove box! I will put some pics on here when I get them installed...

snrusnak 10-29-2011 10:26 PM

Your truck, your money, your mods :)

But since you asked my opinion.....hehe....you'll love the airaid intake, and the TB spacer won't do anything (but if you install at same time you won't know the difference...)

I'll even explain my reasoning :) they have to design for many circumstances (off roading, daily driving, etc....) so the intake has to be suitable for all things (same for what you mentioned about the SC or Diablo....can't have a factory performance tune and not be able to tow, it is a truck). As for the TB spacer, can't see any instance that they would design for without it, so if it was beneficial they would probably add it.

Anyway good mods, your choice :)

JaredSS 10-30-2011 09:54 AM

I wish somebody would hurry up and get a tuner out for the 2011's!!

JaredSS 10-30-2011 10:02 AM

With that said, snrusnak, I noticed in another thread you said the superchip flashpaq was capable of 55 HP, 30lbs torque in the performance mode, is that the "tow" mode or is there another setting for that? I am impatiently awaiting the release of the 2011 programmer!

snrusnak 10-30-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

With that said, snrusnak, I noticed in another thread you said the superchip flashpaq was capable of 55 HP, 30lbs torque in the performance mode, is that the "tow" mode or is there another setting for that? I am impatiently awaiting the release of the 2011 programmer!
It is 50hp and 55 lb ft MAX gain in the 91 octane performance tune. If I said 55hp 30lb ft I misspoke... The peak gain is about 10-15hp and 30lb ft if I remember correctly. This is different from the tow tune. I don't know what gains are in tow mode but have used it and you can tell a difference.

JaredSS 10-30-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 646456)
It is 50hp and 55 lb ft MAX gain in the 91 octane performance tune. If I said 55hp 30lb ft I misspoke... The peak gain is about 10-15hp and 30lb ft if I remember correctly. This is different from the tow tune. I don't know what gains are in tow mode but have used it and you can tell a difference.

You probably said 50HP/55lb, I'm sure i got that wrong. I am wanting one for the towing improvements and was just curious if they are worth it.

dodgert 10-30-2011 12:13 PM

As far as the tuner goes will be another 2 months LOL been hearing 2 months for 9 months can only keep fingers crossed one day sigh one day.

JaredSS 10-30-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgert (Post 646505)
As far as the tuner goes will be another 2 months LOL been hearing 2 months for 9 months can only keep fingers crossed one day sigh one day.

I hear ya, I read somewhere today that it's supposed to be the middle of January now..:4-dontknow:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger