DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Another 4g,chevy and titan (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=95472)

sprintertech 10-30-2011 04:15 PM

Another 4g,chevy and titan

So my buddy comes by one night while im playing with the tune on my truck and starts talking about his buddies ram that ran a best of 14.2....so im like bring him over ill run him....so he comes the next night and i beat him twice....1st run i let it hit the limiter and he nudged me but i still passed him....2nd race i put about 3 trucks on him....so now they are talking about this titan with a programmer and headers that runs 13.9....low and behold 2 days later here they are with the titan and a chevy too.....so i figured the titan would win but said lets do the damn thing....so the chevy sneeks in on side me 1st...im like whats done to it (i really wasnt looking to run a mid 15sec truck before i race the titan and get all heated up for nothing) but he says cam,headers,full exhaust and 4.10 gears...lol hes kinda got ME worried....so we hit it and i smoke the damn tires clean through 1st and this dude is out in front of me in a 5.3 chevy by a truck and a half....and im thinking damn im gonna get killed by both....but once it hooks im reeling the chevy hard and pass him for about a 2 car win....so i pull over for some cool off time to prep for the titan....so we line up and both spin pretty hard off the line and the crazy thing is i got half a truck on him and hes running me down in 2nd but when i hit 3rd i walked on him the rest of the way for at least a truck length win.....for the rematch i spin clean through 1st and hes easy a truck on me and pulling but when i hit 3rd im reeling him in but not hard enough....truth be told he had me in the 1/4 but im passing him as i hit 100mph....luckily he was a good sport and never let off cause i was pulling him like some people do....all in all some real good (BACK ROAD CLOSED) fun..... TRACTION NEEDED ASAP

GeauxHunting 10-30-2011 04:21 PM

Nice races man! Where are y'all racing at? Or is it a "secret" spot :LOL:

sprintertech 10-30-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxHunting (Post 646604)
Nice races man! Where are y'all racing at? Or is it a "secret" spot :LOL:

THANKS MAN......wish i would have gottn some vids....river road on the westbank...got a nice spot thats straight for 1/2 mile or so...no cars at night

GeauxHunting 10-30-2011 04:35 PM

Nice, I think I've been down that way before. I'm usually down in Belle Chasse though. My girlfriend lives down in Jesuit Bend. She's got me rackin up some miles on my truck driving down there from the eastbank haha.

GTyankee 10-30-2011 04:45 PM

What are you running in the rear end & what kind of meat for rubber

sprintertech 10-30-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 646614)
What are you running in the rear end & what kind of meat for rubber

3.92/lsd with stock 20's

GTyankee 10-30-2011 05:26 PM

No wonder you can't get traction if your still running the Goodyear Wranglers

sprintertech 10-31-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 646633)
No wonder you can't get traction if your still running the Goodyear Wranglers

AGREED!:LOL:

what are you guys running in a 20?

BlackHemI 11-01-2011 04:31 PM

man now thats impressive! wish you couldve got videos!

sprintertech 11-01-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHemI (Post 647704)
man now thats impressive! wish you couldve got videos!

i will def get some vids if we go this weekend to the track....me and the titan are gonna run again at the track....will be fun!