DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Back and Forth About 6.1L Intake (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=95758)

moparornocar72 11-03-2011 09:01 PM

Back and Forth About 6.1L Intake

I may be working on a good deal for a 6.1L intake,injectors/fuel rail and gaskets, I would love to put it on my 5.7L but i'm on the fence about it. I don't want to lose the current power i have and it will be at least until my warranty is up before/if i cam it. What do you guys think? I'm going to probably go ahead and get it, so if i don't use it I might sell it.

Flaminchiten 11-03-2011 10:05 PM

Judging by your signature I would wait until you do some bigger mods, the stock intake can probably support your current level of mods just fine.

TheSatinPumpkin 11-03-2011 10:07 PM

If the price is to good to be true then i would jump on it and just keep it in storage until you are ready to mod the internals.

moparornocar72 11-03-2011 10:25 PM

kay what's a good price>? It's minus the throttle body but everything else is there, in very good shape, guy put a supercharger on and it looks brand new.

TheSatinPumpkin 11-03-2011 10:51 PM

Not much of a comparison since more is involved with a 3G but i got a full conversion setup for $750 which to me was a steal. It pretty much had all the pieces needed for the conversion included a nice custom wiring harness so it goes around the manifold and not pver.

In regards to just general manifold prices. Seen them for sale on LX for as low as $250 w/ rails and injectors to as high as $700. Its really more on how the seller treats their items value as some think their stuff is worth more than gold.

moparornocar72 11-03-2011 10:58 PM

thanks for the info, reps for that

TheSatinPumpkin 11-03-2011 11:31 PM

Also just to add - After seeing the poor sight of my engine bay after 7 years i was determined to give her a make over in 2011. A month or so later i saw a full 6.1 manifold conversion for sale and could not pass it up for the price.

If it was not for my goal of dressing up the bay then i would of just stuck with the stocker.

moparornocar72 11-04-2011 12:17 AM

Yeah I may get it and either re-sale or just put in storage for a "rainy day". I want to make my under hood look better as well, The standard engine cover doesn't seem very hemi to me so I may paint the stock intake and get some half covers or make my own........... the visual of the 6.1l looks sick but i dont want to kill my performance!

BlackHemI 11-04-2011 01:57 AM

itll be a great mod for when you do the internals! like previously said, if its a good deal, buy it and save it. you can always sell it again no prob. paint your stock intake for now, im sure itll look great!

moparornocar72 11-04-2011 10:35 AM

I got it and a good deal.