DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lowering issues please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=96078)

dodger2107 11-08-2011 05:40 PM

Lowering issues please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have issues with a 4" rear drop...a few weeks ago I called Belltech and I told the rep I wanted to level my 2011 Ram 1500 Express and he told me I just needed to drop the rear by 4" and I could still use my stock shocks.Well we installed the coils,now the truck sits lower in the back by about 2" vs,the front...I called Belltech today the rep I spoke with today now tells me I need 2" drop coils for the front(which they wont have till next year),,and I also need new shocks..can you folks help me (1 )does anyone know where I can get springs sooner and( 2 )besides the shocks what else do I need to do(obviously alignment) but what else,sorry my post is so long but this is the best site to get answers ,,,thanks

916Timmy 11-08-2011 06:20 PM

To level the rear only, you should have gotten the Otto-Max 2" coils for the back only. The Belltech is a 2/4 kit and should be combined with shocks. Sounds like a full 2/4 kit is in store for you! Sorry they messed you up!

Edit: Here is what my full BellTech 2/4 kit looks like on my quad cab, if you want to do the full kit

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...y/IMAG0012.jpg

P Rod 11-08-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodger2107 (Post 652040)
Hi, I have issues with a 4" rear drop...a few weeks ago I called Belltech and I told the rep I wanted to level my 2011 Ram 1500 Express and he told me I just needed to drop the rear by 4" and I could still use my stock shocks.Well we installed the coils,now the truck sits lower in the back by about 2" vs,the front...I called Belltech today the rep I spoke with today now tells me I need 2" drop coils for the front(which they wont have till next year),,and I also need new shocks..can you folks help me (1 )does anyone know where I can get springs sooner and( 2 )besides the shocks what else do I need to do(obviously alignment) but what else,sorry my post is so long but this is the best site to get answers ,,,thanks

Bummer, Sounds like the guy at BellTech gave you some bad advice. You would have only needed a 2" rear drop to level it. My suggestion would be .. if Bell tech does not have a set of 2" springs to swap with you then I would pull them out and send them back. Ground Force has a 2" rear drop kit for your truck (part#91213) which includes shocks. I personally think changing shocks when lowering your truck is the smart way to go. I also know Ground Force makes a 2"/3" front/rear drop kit.(thats the kit I have) I am not sure if they would only sell you a 2" front drop. You could always call them and find out. Good luck

dodger2107 11-08-2011 07:46 PM

wow, thanks for the fast replies,I already asked, they said if its been installed no return,I'm pretty much stuck I just dont want to wait til Jan to get the front springs and I cant find them anywhere online any ideas

916Timmy 11-08-2011 08:39 PM

You could pull the stock springs out of the front and cut them down a coil to bring the front down some too.

dodger2107 11-08-2011 11:09 PM

Thanks I think I'll order the Ground Force kit,then I'll post some pics

JCWFLHX 11-09-2011 12:41 AM

McGauphy's makes a 2" drop spindle. i have seen them on sale with or without the full lowering kit.

dodger2107 11-09-2011 09:27 PM

Update: Belltech worked with me to return the 4" coils and I ordered the 91213 Ground Force today...so it worked out,,,thank for all the input