DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Passed 6000 miles and no problems. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=96108)

JoeBlow 11-08-2011 10:41 PM

Passed 6000 miles and no problems.

Reading these forums can sometimes get you down, or worse, give a bad impression of our trucks to others who may be considering buying a Ram. I just wanted to say that at 6000 miles everything is running like a charm. No problems with the torque converter, no problems with the idle, no gas peddle vibration, no squeeks or leaks or hesitations of any kind. I've been to the dealer once, and that was for an oil change. Not to jinx my truck, but, just wanted to say thank you Ram.

united316 11-08-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeBlow (Post 652251)
Reading these forums can sometimes get you down, or worse, give a bad impression of our trucks to others who may be considering buying a Ram. I just wanted to say that at 6000 miles everything is running like a charm. No problems with the torque converter, no problems with the idle, no gas peddle vibration, no squeeks or leaks or hesitations of any kind. I've been to the dealer once, and that was for an oil change. Not to jinx my truck, but, just wanted to say thank you Ram.

That's awesome I just went over 10k and the only thing that I have had to get replaced was a defective fan clutch.. so I am happy to be a RAM owner.

Strokes77 11-08-2011 11:20 PM

Thank you for this post. 2500 miles here and lovin every bit of it.

chrisnarron 11-08-2011 11:24 PM

im glad to hear it and wish you many more problemless miles

RAMTX 11-09-2011 01:23 AM

9500 miles (10 months) on my Ram. I had a small idle problem on the first 2000 miles and went away as the Dodge Dealer predicted. Very happy with my truck. It is the best truck I have own so far, after few silverados and one F150.

dkerr24 11-09-2011 01:02 PM

Count me as another happy Ram owner. I now have 3500 miles on my truck, and have only taken it to the dealer once... for a oil change.

I am very picky and meticulous when it comes to new vehicles, and I have not found a single defect or problem with my truck. Everything fits, nothing squeaks, nothing quit working.

:smileup: to Chrysler!

Darin

MrPEZO 11-09-2011 01:29 PM

Just passed 12k and it will be 1 year old in 9 days, and other than a TSB and K36 Recall and the passenger sun visor needing replacement (Fell from headliner hanging by light wire). I would say this truck is awesome and good to go; it runs great and seems fine.

With anything mechanical or hand made there are some good and some bad. Things break and thing can be engineered wrong.

I have always owned the Dodge brand because they appeal to me in everyway style, performance, functionality and reliability.

I will admit I have had some Quality issues over many years of ownership I will not discuss; but they were fixed and taken care of. I still buy and enjoy this brand of vehicle over any other because of the above reasons.

So to a potential new owner of a RAM or other CDJRF vehicle go for it if you like it even if you were always a Ford or Chevy owner.

PA RAM 11-09-2011 01:44 PM

good to know. they appear to be solid trucks.

JoeBlow 11-09-2011 05:10 PM

Glad to hear from happy Ram owners. These forumz are somtimes full of people asking questions about some problem they may have. But sometimes you have to give credit when credit is due. Expecting many more trouble free miles with my Ram, and will enjoy every minute of it.

SeattlePete 11-09-2011 05:20 PM

Unfortunately, there are only a fraction of total Ram owners on the various sites, and we hear most about problems- one almost never hears about the truck that simply runs, year after year, without hiccup or drama......

Me- almost 2800 miles and running just fine....