DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Under the Knife (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=96503)

sonocativo 11-14-2011 05:45 PM

Under the Knife

Mods, I didnt know where to put this, Was looking for something like Off Topics but couldnt find it ( maybe add a new thread for stuff not Ram related? )

Hey guys, just talked to the doc today, Starting Dec. 2nd I go to start bloodwork so they can make a Bone Graft and on Dec. 20th @ 5:30am I will be getting prepped for surgery to start at 7:30am to have my cervical spine in my neck fused at the c6-c7 level.So my neck will be on the chopping block:3-smash: This will be my second spinal surgery to my neck. I look forward to having the surgery but not the several months of pain afterwards...lol But in the long run it will all work out.:smiley_thumbs_up:
So, after Dec.20th I may not be on much until I recover a bit, but I will still pop on every so often to keep you all supplied with laughter...:LOL:

nikeman 11-14-2011 06:58 PM

Thats not going to be a fun Christmas for you this year then! I see a lot of fused spines in my line of work and they don't seem to cause and problems to the people that have them other then maybe a stiffer neck then normal. Good luck with the surgery, they are all risky but when dealing with the spine I would probably be freaking out a little bit about it...

sonocativo 11-14-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 655394)
Good luck with the surgery, they are all risky but when dealing with the spine I would probably be freaking out a little bit about it...

Yeah, wasnt a fun christmas last time either...lol
Freaking out... oh yeah, I mean signing papers that you cant sue if youre paralized or die on the table, having to notorize a will and all that crazy crap.... although Ive done it before, its still scary till you wake up afterwards and you can move...lol

You lose 10% range of motion for each disc fused, this will be my second, then I have 5 or more issues with my back, 3+ lower lumbar and 2 mid-upper thorac...those will be addressed in the future.:str:

spuds 11-14-2011 09:00 PM

More guts then me with the surgery.
Have a fast and as painless as possible recovery. Best of luck in the new year...

sonocativo 11-14-2011 10:28 PM

Thanks on the well wishes, Im gonna need it...lol Doc said they are probly gonna send me out after 1 day in the hospital unless there are any complications ( I was in for 3 days last time with excessive pain and couldnt swallow yet ) if they do send me out early I hope they give me some good stuff cause I will sure miss that morphine...lol
I dont know which hurts more in the initial... spinal fusion or smashing your big toe with a sledge hammer? I think it you smash your toe with a sledge hammer might be better, since you really wont feel it as youll just pass out...lmao

mrboots 11-14-2011 10:50 PM

Good luck man, hope you heal up fast! Had two shoulder reconstructions here from racing dirt bikes...well...rather crashing dirt bikes..but anyway, the recovery sucked, I cant even imagine having something like that in your neck or spine.

Yours will be much more intense I'm sure, but you wont be alone, coming up early in December I'm scheduled to have a Spinal Stimulator implanted with some electrodes in my back to try to counteract chronic pain in my lower legs. Health issues are no fun!

But again, good luck! Hope for a speedy recovery brother.

camoman214 11-16-2011 12:02 AM

Hope everything goes well for ya, Mike. Sorry to hear about the pain. I'll for sure miss having ya around these parts. I try not to miss any of the jokes you post and you're a wealth of knowledge.

We've got your back (no pun intended) so if you need anything let us know. A lot of us are close by. I'm close, too.

GTyankee 11-16-2011 01:42 AM

I wish you well Mike
I have had both shoulders operated on, machines were used to move my shoulders, they wanted to freeze up
had my left heal bones trimmed, the were cutting into my achilles tendon, making walking a painful thing, fun trying to run to the bathroom with a walker
because of a motorcycle accident, i can't turn my head all the way to the right without almost blacking out

all of it together doesn't come close to what i believe you are going thru

CollateralDamage 11-16-2011 02:37 AM

best wishes and speedy recovery to you man, today is the one year anniversary for my hernia surgery! just dont let the nurses push you around :i_rolleyes: lol

sonocativo 11-16-2011 07:49 AM

I think the worst part of the whole thing is you cant sleep at a hospital...geeze. They come in every hour on the hour and wake you for vitals, but if you need something they wont come for 3 hours it seems.....lol
I think this time instead of using the nurse button I will instead start yelling " Please Dont Let Me Die" HEEEELLLLPPPPP !!!!!! LMAO