DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   3rd gen conversion project (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=96794)

double0ram 11-18-2011 07:16 PM

3rd gen conversion project

so this coming feb im buying my friends 02 1500. yea i need two rams. anyways ive always had this idea of converting a 02-05 to a 06-09 front end. from all ive gathered, i need new fenders, new grille, new headlights, and the top bumper trim. along with the grille i need the mounting bracket and probably the hood release mechs? i was going to swap the taillights as well, but im just going to run a set of blacked out led tails. i priced out everything from LMC truck, and its about 1200 in parts without shipping. Rock auto got me into the 550 range, much better. and rock auto has certified quality parts that should line up. and then a little paint for the fenders to match... im really excited about this. this is going to be a fun and not too complicated mod and should have fantastic results. what do you all think? has anyone tried this?

CajunDodge 11-27-2011 12:46 PM

Should definitely be an interesting project to follow, for sure want to see a build thread if you do it!

- Cajun

double0ram 11-27-2011 04:59 PM

Of course. Aside from the forum, I'd love to have a before and after just for myself. But with a build thread it will show how easy (or hard ha) this will be. This project has been driving me insane with the excitement. Just gotta wait for my buddy to get back from the sandbox so I can buy the truck.

GeauxHunting 11-27-2011 05:19 PM

I've actually thought about that conversion... I'm pretty sure you have everything covered as far as parts go.

double0ram 11-27-2011 05:26 PM

My only concern is the hood latch. But like everything ill deal with it when I come across the problem. For all I know it might not be an issue. Oh yea... I'm throwing in projector retrofit set of lights for the project too. Might as well go all out right?

thebigdaddywood 11-29-2011 04:43 AM

def gonna keep up on this ... ive thought bout doing same to my 03

double0ram 11-29-2011 12:11 PM

thanks for the intrest in my project. like ive said its gunna be a bit cause my buddies deployed. but when he gets back... its game on. time to wreck a perfectly good front end. unless someone possesses an intimate knowledge on the 3rd gen rams, like the interior, the suspension, or the tails, they wont be able to tell the truck is an 02.

CajunDodge 11-29-2011 12:16 PM

I'm definitely interested in your project and will be following along when you start your build. Me, I have a good eye lol and am pretty knowledgeable on the appearance differences between the two gens. People always ask me how I can tell what year a Ram is just by looking at it lol. :)

- Cajun

double0ram 11-29-2011 12:36 PM

ive deff gotten that way with the 2nd gens. my silver 2000 replaced a black 99 sport, and there were some pretty big differences between the two.

BACK :ontopic: ....

when i start this ill start a new page and ill put up a link on this one so no one will miss it.

double0ram 11-29-2011 12:41 PM

but while were on this topic, any 06-07-08 owners throw up a pic of your tailgate... gotta get the correct emblems and its placement.... no names cajun