DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   AutoAnything - Dodge Ram Accessories! - Dodge Ram Performance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Does AutoAnything.com carry... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=96905)

ArmyofOne 11-20-2011 09:23 AM

Does AutoAnything.com carry...

a Tailgate Assist for my 2009 Ram 1500? Seems I cant find one to fit.:thk:

AutoAnything 11-21-2011 02:47 PM

I know we used to carry them, let me look into it and I will post a reply shortly.

AutoAnything 11-21-2011 08:36 PM

Hey ArmyofOne,
I have some good news! I spoke with the team over at Dee-Zee and they are releasing a NEW Tailgate Assist just in time for the Holidays. They are focused on making a high quality product with the following features:

* Safely Controls The Drop Rate Of A Tailgate
* Custom Designed For Each Make And Model
* Tested To Handle Heavy Use
* Works In Conjunction With Factory Cables
* Easy, No Drill Installation Takes Only Minutes
* All Hardware Included
* Only One Tailgate Assist Required Per Vehicle
* Three-Year Warranty

I will post once this part is available on our site. For the 2002-2012 Dodge Rams use part # DZ43300 .

brad12kx 11-21-2011 08:55 PM

Interest in this product (especially if it's well built) can be found here as well. :D

brad12kx 12-01-2011 11:36 PM

Any word yet? The holidays are getting close, and I 'NEED' the perfect gift for my Ram. :)

AutoAnything 12-02-2011 02:39 PM

Brad,
I checked with DeeZee and they say they should have them in stock in a week or so. I have this on my follow up list and as soon as they come in, I will post!

brad12kx 12-02-2011 11:35 PM

Thanks Clark. I have seen a few of these made by other than DeeZee, and I was disappointed at what I saw. All the DeeZee units were great, so am hoping their new offering is as well built as their earlier offerings. :)

GTyankee 12-03-2011 12:25 AM

The dealerships i believe are using sort of a HOPKINS or HOPPY lift
that is not saying that they are any good, i'm just saying

I heard that the EZ Down tailgate assist is just so so, seems they decided to cheap out & go for production sales

DEEZEE may be the product to go with, i know that in the past AUTOANYTHING has tested products in the past, hopefully they will do a write up

brad12kx 12-03-2011 12:38 AM

I looked at the Hopkins, and in 2 words "No Thanks".

As I have had purchase experience with AutoAnything, I am leaning heavily in buying from them. Like you said, AutoAnything has a habit of testing products, and that speaks volumes. So even though I have to contend with the worlds most loving government agency (Canada Customs, Money Thieving &Time Wasting Agency), I feel I have a better chance of receiving good customer service, then from some of the local shops.

Gone this long without, I'll wait....impatiently....but I'll wait none the less. :)

AutoAnything 12-05-2011 02:27 PM

Thanks Brad, I appreciate the support!

We spoke with DeeZee and they said they are doing a manufacturing redesign for their NEW Tailgate Assist which is replacing the "EZ Down". More info to come once we get them in for the Rams.