DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   rust proofing (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97086)

muskybait 11-22-2011 05:20 PM

rust proofing

Hi,

I hace paid for factory rust proofing on my 2010 ram at time ofn purchase. Just windering if getting annual rust proofing is overkill.

Opinions appreciated and also what product do you recommend rust check or????

Thanks

barn 11-22-2011 09:23 PM

only if you live in areas with heavy snow and the city puts salt on the roads it eats at the under side of the body and chassis if not washed really well.. and even then i don't think it would be a bad idea for it..

RansRAM 11-22-2011 09:41 PM

Once a year for me with Krown rustproofing. Mines been done twice already.

gbkinggerry 11-23-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RansRAM (Post 660003)
Once a year for me with Krown rustproofing. Mines been done twice already.

+1 on that, my dodge just had it's second spray. I have a 2000 chev in the driveway that still looks brand new. I sprayed it every year with krown until I bought the Dodge. The roads here in the winter are loaded with salt, to me Krown is a must. Keeps everything else lubed up underneath.

muskybait 11-24-2011 04:03 PM

Ya, I rust checked my previous Yukon and it has very little rust 13 years old.......sounds like krown is the way to go...why is it better than rust check product?

Thanks musky

RansRAM 11-24-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskybait (Post 661062)
Ya, I rust checked my previous Yukon and it has very little rust 13 years old.......sounds like krown is the way to go...why is it better than rust check product?

Thanks musky

According to the guy that sprays mine Krown branched away from Rust Check and improved the forumula. All I know is that this stuff works great and yes the added benifit is that everything rubber gets some good protection as well. He also told me the best time to get it sprayed is in the spring, apparently the heat over the summer gets it into all those nooks and crannys so come winter your good to go. :smileup:

muskybait 11-24-2011 07:05 PM

Nice tip......however I wanted to get it done before the winter salt season......think I will book it next week. Thanks for all the info guys.

primo spaghetti 11-30-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskybait (Post 659849)
Hi,

I hace paid for factory rust proofing on my 2010 ram at time ofn purchase. Just windering if getting annual rust proofing is overkill.

Opinions appreciated and also what product do you recommend rust check or????

Thanks

Krown is the way to go. i just sold my 1996 Ram with a blown tranny for 2000.00. body is mint thanks to Krwon. annual application since i bought it 10 years ago. Krown stopped the existing rust under the driver door dead in it's tracks. I havent used anything since. You can also buy a can of Krown rustproofing at Home hardware or crappy tire for touch ups under the door and the tailgate before your next application.

rinkerman 12-01-2011 01:28 PM

What do you pay to have Krown applied?

primo spaghetti 12-01-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rinkerman (Post 665021)
What do you pay to have Krown applied?

125.00 bucks...nice piece of mind.