DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   2009 Dodge Ram Forum (
-   -   a few months to think this out (

crusher 11-26-2011 10:38 PM

a few months to think this out
my stock tire's are about done they have 58000km ont it thats 36250miles ,.. about

its winter now so i have up to april to chose

i know i dont whant bigger tire original size is perfect for me

i like the white letters on the stock tires but i never seen a ram without them (maybe i would like it to)

any recommandation on brand (also white letters or not)

any pics of tire blacwalls (no white letters on the side) to see what it looks like on the truck

thank you for your time this will help for sure

barn 11-27-2011 01:16 AM

are you looking for all terrains mud terrains or streets?

crusher 11-27-2011 08:25 AM

i rarely go off road but if the tire go's well on the road then it would matter, i think mud terrain tires look good too

that basekly the problem i dont know at this point what i should get

i love the power off my truck but i dont need performance tire needer, the stock one where ok for me

Butter 12-02-2011 09:48 AM

I'm a fan of BFGoodrich AT tires, they look good, good traction, and if you rotate regular they last a long time!

newfiebullet 12-09-2011 01:46 PM

im running cooper zeon ltz in stock size (275/60/20) , i love em, great traction, no noise and great in the rain. so far 4500 kms and no sign of wear. mine are blackwalls.

Darek5.7 12-10-2011 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are Nexen Roadian HT 265/70r17 31.8in tall. I have not got to use them yet being how i bought the truck a month ago and i am deployed over seas. They came on the truck but from what i have read at multiple websites and in personal reviews they are excellent handling tires and do really well in snow and rain. I do want something a little more aggressive though because i like to drive offroad as often as possible.

Studbuster 12-10-2011 10:03 PM

If you don't go off road "very often", don't forget to consider traction (wet & dry), ride quality, noise, etc, not just how other people think it looks. Your the one that needs to be happy in the end.

"It's my truck and I want it the way I want it!"

Excoastie 12-11-2011 09:01 AM

I've still got my stockers on, but I usually look at Coopers... they've got a plant close by, so they tend to be one of the cheapest tires available..

I'd suggest you check out the Tire Rack and other similar sites, as most 'em have an app that you can see what the tires will look like on your rig.

good luck