DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   3.7L PowerTech V6 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Lamp out light came on - help!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97478)

L.J. 11-28-2011 11:23 AM

Lamp out light came on - help!!

I have a 2005 dodge ram ST. I was driving one day and a light came on right under the odometer that said lamp out and I figured one of my light were out so I got out and checked all the lights but they are all good. And the lights still on. Any ideas?

Stangshcky12 11-28-2011 01:50 PM

Double check all your lights. It usually doesn't lie. Taillights, brake lights turn signals even the cargo lights
I had it come on and both my brake lights were out, thought it was something electrical bought they both burn out simultaneously

kmdracer 11-28-2011 04:40 PM

Agree, re check all your lights. The only ones that don't turn the indicator on with my truck (2003) are the factory fog lamps and interior lamps.

Stangshcky12 11-28-2011 06:49 PM

The reverse lamps dont, atleast on our 05 and 09 they dont.
I also forgot, sometimes the circuts go bad in the taillights (white case behind the taillight, typically the passenger side I think) and will give you a lamp out message. Its more common on 03 and 04 but is none to happen on 05s. Cheap fix if that ends up being the problem

HemiLonestar 11-28-2011 08:03 PM

It also seems like it starts to go off when one of the lights is close to burning out. This happened recently, drove my nuts on a road trip. Light finally burned out by the time we got home.

bigdaddyII 02-13-2012 01:08 PM

Check your highbeams too. A burned high beam will trigger the light whether its in use or not.

ronnebama 06-29-2012 12:39 PM

I had this problem about a year ago on my 2002 Ram. It would come on and then go out intermittently. I couldn't find any problems with any of the lights. Eventually, one of my tal lights went out and it came on and stayed on so I replaced the tail light bulb. The light stayed off for a few days and then came back on. Again I checked the lights and they all looked ok. I found a post somehwere that mentioned putting some grease in the bulb socket to help it seat better and so I did that and haven't had a problem since.

Tyler050294 06-29-2012 03:52 PM

I had the same problem in my 02 ram. So i changed all my bulbs and it fixed the problem. If you cant figure anything else out that should work.

CaptJon 06-29-2012 06:03 PM

Might pull each bulb and dab some dielectric grease in each socket.

HemiLonestar 06-29-2012 07:14 PM

Just had this happen to me again recently and found a bulb that didn't have a good enough connection.