DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Nitrous Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   fair nitrous price on parts and install?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97563)

AllUCIsTailLights 11-29-2011 12:57 PM

fair nitrous price on parts and install??

I got a price at $1,500 for parts and install for a 100 shot nitrous express kit and wanted to get some opinions on the price they quoted me. Is $1,500 a fair price?? :4-dontknow:

moparornocar72 11-30-2011 12:02 AM

hmmm that seems a bit high to me but then again i've never paid any1 to install a nitrous setup so my opinion is biased. good luck buddy!

AllUCIsTailLights 11-30-2011 12:31 PM

thanks anyways the quote on labor was $250

moparornocar72 11-30-2011 01:28 PM

Hopefully chefred or some1 with nitrous will chime in soon!

RandTx 12-09-2011 01:00 PM

fair price for what exaclty.
I did my own install and at $250 labor I wouldn't have made much per hour lol.

Overall if you are talking @1250 for a system (parts) at first glance that seems like quite a bit, but it really depends on what exactly is in the system

AllUCIsTailLights 12-09-2011 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=RandTx;670297]fair price for what exaclty.
I did my own install and at $250 labor I wouldn't have made much per hour lol.

Overall if you are talking @1250 for a system (parts) at first glance that seems like quite a bit, but it really depends on what exactly is in the system

cool the quote sounds just about right then thanks randtx.

CdnoilRAM 12-09-2011 08:48 PM

What exactely are you getting in that kit? If it includes all the accessories like bottle heater, purge, and window switch then I'd say it's a fair price. I personally have spent almost $1000 just on parts for my plate injection system, but I did the install myself, it's not that hard to do actually.

AllUCIsTailLights 12-13-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 670544)
What exactely are you getting in that kit? If it includes all the accessories like bottle heater, purge, and window switch then I'd say it's a fair price. I personally have spent almost $1000 just on parts for my plate injection system, but I did the install myself, it's not that hard to do actually.

Yea it comes with all that you mentioned and the plate injection is the part that looks like a tb spacer right? if so it also comes with that as well.

snrusnak 12-13-2011 01:21 PM

Is it a wet kit or dry kit? Wet is usually a bit more expensive, but also a bit safer, especially with the "plastic" intake manifolds. Parts seem maybe a hair expensive, labor seems way cheap IMO.

AllUCIsTailLights 12-22-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snrusnak (Post 672966)
Is it a wet kit or dry kit? Wet is usually a bit more expensive, but also a bit safer, especially with the "plastic" intake manifolds. Parts seem maybe a hair expensive, labor seems way cheap IMO.

im not sure ill ask when i go back. And yea these guys are good buddys of mine and i was surprised my self even though were cool, buisness is buisness but the owner cut me a good amount of slack.:smiley_thumbs_up: