DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2003 1500 4x4 4.7 SLT needs a savior Help!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97846)

Tjf339280 12-02-2011 01:13 PM

2003 1500 4x4 4.7 SLT needs a savior Help!!!

Hello all,

First time poster here, about 3 months Ive spent here on the forum researching and investigating dodge rams. I ended up purchasing one a 2003 ram with the 4.7.....love the truck but have had nothing but problems with it!!! right off the bat within the first 300 miles of driving the motor blew....thank God for extended warranties $4900 for the motor and R&R with a new starter and exhaust manifolds. Im not sure if this is the place for me to beg for wisdom, but the new motor is shaping up to another blown motor! ever since they replaced the motor(it is an '05 motor with 55,000 miles ad they plugged the EGR as 2003 did not have EGR) it has been showing a #2 cylinder misfire....the truck skips alittle, somtimes alitte more....but now the last couple of days when I start it in the morning it wants to stall, and if i give it gas the motor revs up but when it comes back down to idle it drops off and stalls out. the check engine light usually comes on couple days after being in the shop, they clear it, then the computer needs to see a certain number of consecutive misfires before it is tripped again....has not come back on but I know it will, I can feel the skip and the whole stalling issue. the coilpack has been replaced twice now, also have replaced the sparkplugs twice...first with autolite coppers, now it has the champion coppers, fuel injector, and compression is fine....im about out of options here, so any other ideas would rock so much!!! Or should I turn to prayer and confess being a Ford lover at heart??? this whole experience is quickly turning me off to dodge. Help.:i_rolleyes:

oh and the lights flicker when at idle....thinkin related to the misfire...all lights, headlights, dash lights, overhead lights....grrr

looking for a couple of parts,
-the driver side oh sh*t handle assembly...mine broke and looks like it has broken before because there was a washer over the hole

-a set of running boards or nerf bars my lunds dont mount up without drilling and they wont let me return them.

erm 12-02-2011 03:15 PM

Whatever shop is reading and clearing the codes needs to let you know what that code is the next time.

It could be several things that are causing this and without the code, you end up chasing things down like a confused dog after his own tail.

The handle will be available at a local auto recycling place or online at almost any Dodge dealer parts outlet.

Why not drill and put on the Lunds? A lot of nerf bars require some modification to get them to fit, even if it's just holes to brace the mounting brackets.

CajunDodge 12-02-2011 05:06 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Sorry to hear about all your issues, but I agree with MADDOG, they need to let you know what the codes are instead of just clearing them. Those are there for a reason and are important for diagnostic purposes and is a good start to fixing the problem and not just the symptoms but good luck and be sure to keep us posted! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

BlueJet 12-02-2011 08:17 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board!

old hot rod 12-02-2011 08:35 PM

Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us!!!
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

hemiv8dodgeram1500 12-02-2011 08:38 PM

hello and welcome

brad12kx 12-02-2011 11:09 PM

Welcome to the forum, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share?

Enjoy the Z!