DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Front seats making noise. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=97976)

nfllover911 12-04-2011 01:18 PM

Front seats making noise.

My driver seat and passenger seat make this creaking sound when people are sitting in them. Also the passenger seat rattles a tiny tiny bit when no one sits in it but it can really be a pain in the a$$. Anyone having these problems? The truck is brand new only 4k miles on it.

Gio310 12-04-2011 02:14 PM

I had the same problem with my passenger side seat. When I would hit a bump or uneven surface it would creek and rattle. I tightened down the two front bolts that hold down the pass seat. No more noise.

TerrysRam 12-04-2011 02:18 PM

You could try what Gio310 said or I'd suggest getting a good exorcist and see if maybe somebody is haunting your truck. But brand new? Maybe an accident in the plant? :LOL:

Sorry goofy mood today.

moparmann 12-04-2011 05:02 PM

front seat

My truck has 2500 miles, front seat is pretty squeeky as well. Guess I'll try tightening the mounting bolts

nfllover911 12-04-2011 05:48 PM

Tightened them and its still making noise. I don't think it's the bottom of the seat I think its the back part of the seat. When I put pressure on the back seat say with my back pushing on the seat that is when it will make noise. I am going to call my service department tomorrow morning.

2011CanadianRam 12-04-2011 08:19 PM

My passenger seat just started to do it too. Not too bad when someone isn't in it but really squeaks when someone sits in it.

53fireman 12-04-2011 09:22 PM

I had the same issue with the passenger seat and the cause was an exhaust heat shield bolt under the passenger seat. It sticks straight down and rubs on the frame when someone's in the seat. Dealer grinded off the tip of the bolt, and no more noise. It took them a LONG time to figure it out...

RPD 12-04-2011 10:26 PM

I had the squeaky seats up front on my 2011 sport. I took it in and the dealer had to tighten some nuts on the seat cushion this required them to remove the upholstry as I was told by them. It can be PITA take it back they will fix it under your warranty.

Dave532 12-05-2011 12:30 AM

My drivers seat was squeaking incessantly on my 2011 2500 with 3500 miles. Dealer warrantied without issue. Tech description:
"I lubed the driver's seat pivots and track"

-Dave 532

blackpearldodge 12-05-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfllover911 (Post 667146)
Tightened them and its still making noise. I don't think it's the bottom of the seat I think its the back part of the seat. When I put pressure on the back seat say with my back pushing on the seat that is when it will make noise. I am going to call my service department tomorrow morning.

My Sport had a similar problem earlier this year. Took it to the dealership for repair. They had to loosen and then re-torque the bolts that hold down the seat..while somebody was sitting in the seat. Never had another squeak since. The noise was very very irritating. I would also get the noise when I pushed on the back of the seat (wiggle left to right).

It was a simple case of loosening and then re-torquing the seat bolts!

Oh... the dealership told me the cause of the squeak was due to a piece of plastic wrapping (wrap that is on gum containers) was wedged between the seat bracket and floor. Huh!? He showed me the plastic, but I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. BTW he did not write that on the work order. Just that the tech re-torqued the bolts. LOL