DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   It happened again (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=98042)

GTyankee 12-05-2011 02:44 AM

It happened again

It happens every time

When i misplace, lend, or lose something that i use fairly often, like a 3/8" inch pound torque wrench, or a set of loppers for trimming small limbs, etc.

I look around semi thoroughly for it, then give up & go buy a replacement & soon after i am cleaning the garage & there it is, i cuss myself & say OH WELL
:4-dontknow:
Well it happened again, i misplaced my spare FOB for my RAM, i knew that i didn't lose it & i for sure didn't lend it to anyone.
After 2 weeks of looking in the Ram, garage, & apartment, i gave up & bought a replacement FOB.
I went to the Dodge dealership Parts Dept, i asked my Parts guy, there are 2 of them, both know me quite well, what kind of a deal he could give me on a NEW FOB, i told him that i wanted to know what they went for & that i would likely buy 1 off eBay. I told him that i knew that i had it some where & we joked about it.
The dealership gets a whopping $130 for the FOB & another $20 for the Valet key, no charge to get it programmed.
I knew that i could beat that price on eBay for a NEW FOB, he told me that was taking a hell of a chance, & asked me to wait a bit & he would see what he could do.
He then handed me a piece of paper with my VIN#, 2nd line had my ignition code, 3rd line had my Rams PASSWORD, i had no idea what the paper was for. He said that he would call me the next day, never said anything else.
I told him that i would be out of town doing a job. He did call me twice & left a message, saying to call him.
I went to see him the following day, he handed me a envelope & asked for my credit card ???? I always use it at the dealership.
He charged me a total of $58 & opened the package, in it was a brand new FOB, he told me to get a Service Adviser to program it at no charge.

I can tell you all this, those donuts (2 dozen) that i take to the Service Dept. when i get the oil changed, is well worth the price & then some.
I must have been charged Employee price

Thank You Carl Burger Dodge & especially the Parts Dept.
Tomorrow i don't need to have service done, but you will all have donuts
:smileup:

CajunDodge 12-05-2011 09:34 AM

That's awesome GT, you definitely get great customer service at your dealership! I know Acadiana Dodge has some donuts coming later this month when I go back for my oil change/tire rotation. Did you ever find the original FOB?

- Cajun

Excoastie 12-05-2011 01:17 PM

That's awesome that you've got such a good relationship with your dealership...

glad that it worked out for the best for you

Exco

GTyankee 12-05-2011 01:41 PM

I did find my 2nd FOB just yesterday, 3 days after i bought the new Fob

The misplaced FOB had my gas cap key & a Valet key for the doors & tailgate locks on it
Now i have 3 working FOBS

:LOL:

CajunDodge 12-05-2011 02:07 PM

Well glad you found it, just hope you're not too good at hiding it from yourself again. :)

- Cajun

GTyankee 12-05-2011 05:16 PM

I had hidden it under the fold flat floor on the drivers side, where i keep my tow straps, foam window cleaner, extra coffee, etc.
removing suit cases, lights, map books, step ladder, cameras, flags, flagging vests, STOP/SLOW paddles, etc. was a chore.
I have been traveling a lot lately & it was a real mess back there & i had decided to straighten it all up, that is when i found it

SS4Luck 12-15-2011 04:14 AM

MAN LUCKY YOU!

My stupid freaking dog just chewed on my spare fob and im not excited to replace it but i know I have to. Damn electronic keys