DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Rough country 6" and bilsteins (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=98124)

Parts dude 12-05-2011 10:59 PM

Rough country 6" and bilsteins

My question is, the rough country is 6 in the front and 4.5" in the rear. If you have used the adjustable front bilsteins, what height are they set at. I was thinking at the 1.4" lift setting. My truck is a 2011. 3" higher in the rear.
Does this work??
I want the truck level.
Thanks for any input you peoples can share.
Ted.

candy08 12-07-2011 11:26 AM

Max your Bilstiens out and get a TGC 1" rear spacer and you'll be darn level :D

Parts dude 12-07-2011 11:26 PM

Thanks for the input. If I don't use the rear spacer, then I use use the 2.1" setting on the struts?
Another question for you. What is the ride like in your truck now? About the same as factory, better or worse?
Ted.

candy08 12-08-2011 02:02 PM

It's stiffer than factory, but in a nice way. I have some Bilstein 7100 SBRs that were going to be installed, but they should be a nice improvement over the RCX 2.2 shocks, should be AMAZING :D

Depends on what your rake is now? The 1.4" would prolly suit you better, the 2.1" would be a Cali lean for sure :D

Parts dude 12-08-2011 11:56 PM

I am approx 3" higher in the rear. I am also a 2011. Did the rear lift approx 4.5" as they state? 1.4" would work if the measurements are as RCX says it is. 6 front and 4.5 lift in he rear. Maybe I will go with the bilsteins shocks in the rear also. I don't want to loose to much of the ride quality.
Thanks for yur input.

Parts dude 12-08-2011 11:57 PM

Your truck looks killer by the way.

candy08 12-09-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parts dude (Post 670053)
I am approx 3" higher in the rear. I am also a 2011. Did the rear lift approx 4.5" as they state? 1.4" would work if the measurements are as RCX says it is. 6 front and 4.5 lift in he rear. Maybe I will go with the bilsteins shocks in the rear also. I don't want to loose to much of the ride quality.
Thanks for yur input.

Not sure on how much it actually lifted it. when the 6" went on so did the Bilsteins at 1.4" and a .75" RCX rear spacer. This had a little lean, mine now has some lean. But I like the lean, I usually have shit in my bed :smiley_thumbs_up: You won't lose much quality. If you go with Bilsteins for your RCX lift, you want these.....Bilstein p/n AK7114SB. Some of the guys are running 1" spacers and say they are perfectly level, imo as I havent done that setup :4-dontknow: Sounds about right tho bc I'm anywhere from .5"-1"+ higher depending on where and when I measure hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parts dude (Post 670055)
Your truck looks killer by the way.

:wavey: Thanks