DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Mod Help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=98473)

SilverHemi 12-10-2011 04:42 PM

Mod Help

So i have a 05 with a 5.7L and i have 35's on it with 20" wheels. So i know its not made for mpgs but would getting a CAI, cat-back exhaust and a tuner make that much of a difference well let me rephrase that will there be big enough increase in mpg's to make these purchases. Thanks for hte help guys

erm 12-10-2011 04:47 PM

I think so. My hwy mileage went up just a bit over 4 MPG after putting on a CAI, exhaust and a programmer.

You can do the math. It certainly won't be an instant payback, of course.

There are other, less quantifiable benefits...truck runs faster, harder, makes more HP & torque, scares the women (and weak men), makes dogs bark and babies cry.... :D

916Timmy 12-10-2011 04:56 PM

It's definately worth it to upgrade those things. It will make it easier to turn big tires. Gears are another option, but a little pricey!

SilverHemi 12-10-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 670998)
I think so. My hwy mileage went up just a bit over 4 MPG after putting on a CAI, exhaust and a programmer.

You can do the math. It certainly won't be an instant payback, of course.

There are other, less quantifiable benefits...truck runs faster, harder, makes more HP & torque, scares the women (and weak men), makes dogs bark and babies cry.... :D

LOL!!! well done then its happenign then im getting my CAI(aFe stage 2 dry filter) sent out this week and im getting the borla full cat-back exhaust and then the DSP so im thinking that will be good for me also if the exhaust im getting is side exit which bothers me for some reason i dont think it will cost very uch to get it turned into rear exit or maybe even turn downs...?

And timmy thanks for the input man....honestly this jsut helps me rest a little easier by at least hearing it will help lol

erm 12-10-2011 06:41 PM

Naw, some new pipe and a bit of fabrication work will do the trick on the rear of that exhaust for a set of turn downs or straight out the back. That won't be too expensive.

SilverHemi 12-11-2011 10:03 AM

awesome as soon as i get back form this tourr ill start my little project ill be sure to post some pics of my progress... thanks guys

916Timmy 12-11-2011 10:15 AM

It always nice to help people. Let us know if there are any more questions!

SilverHemi 12-11-2011 10:47 AM

hey have you guys heard anything on this diablo sport intuner? its a new and improved DSP in a sense..... any input on that kinda thinking this might be the way to go or maybe a trinity.... what do you guys think?

916Timmy 12-11-2011 10:50 AM

The tuning will still have the same software, it's just a better interface. I am more than happy with my Predator, because tuning wise it is identical to the trinity, just without the fancy display. I think it is a much better deal than the Trinity!

SilverHemi 12-11-2011 11:06 AM

I have read on the intune and i guess you dont have to buy the cable for it and it has a 1 gb storage for tunes..... but im curious as to how the tuning things works lets say i have a CAI and exhaust im guessing there is just atune for that specific thing to increase mpg's..... also ive read the intune has a new system where u can actually input the mods on ur truck like there part numbers so its even more specific to the mods u have made and how to make tunes based on your mods? heard anything to this...