DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2012 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Problems with my 2012 so far. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=98808)

KKenny 12-14-2011 05:35 PM

Problems with my 2012 so far.

Hey all, just registered here have been cruising for awhile. I haven't noticed many people posting problems with their 2012's yet so i figured i would start it off. They are minor electrical issues but still annoying for a vehicle with 2000Km's on it.

Hood says it was ajar and preventing me from remote starting was the first problem randomly happening, when i hadnt touched the hood.

Second thing is my back up sensors have stopped working saying that they are dirty, when in fact they are as clean as can be.

Third thing is my interior lights dim down when i turn my windshield wipers on.

And that is all i have for now, taking it to the dealer to ask about these when im back from work.

heathk2003 12-14-2011 06:42 PM

Just turned 5000 miles on my 2012 completely loaded Ram Crew Cab 4x4. Absolutely zero issues. Thought i had an issue with the little thunk after coming to a complete stop but shut off the hill start assist and it went away. I have since turned it back on and understand that is just a by product of the feature. Hope your luck turns around on yours!!

ohio5.0 12-14-2011 07:21 PM

My 2012 with less than 1000 miles had an electronic throttle control light come on. I've only had it a couple of weeks. I've only noticed it once but I'm not sure how often it does come on. Anyone else have this problem?

Ramsh70 12-14-2011 07:51 PM

My 2012 just turned 2000kms .... no problems at all.... :smileup: knock on wood... hope your issues are minor!

Triton189 12-14-2011 07:56 PM

2012 Crew Cab

Mine only has 750 miles but I noticed a irritating creeking noise somewhere around the driver side radio bezel. This creeking/rattle comes and goes but it is worse when traveling at Hwy speed 65 MPH and when the cabin is warm. :4-dontknow:

titanman2789 12-14-2011 09:14 PM

I have almost 900 miles on my 2012 Express. My only issue is my drivers seat squeaks/creaks whenever I am sitting in it and lean forward. Of course I really only do that motion when I'm getting out, but it still drives me freakin crazy that this is going on. Oh well. It's a truck

jeepinwi 12-15-2011 01:03 AM

Issues for mine with 950 miles: right rear turn signal randomly wouldn't work, part of inside tailgate not panted completely, sand in the paint in several spots, and drivers seat leather stretched already.

moparornocar72 12-15-2011 01:13 AM

Man, I hope ya'lls issues are takin care of quickly! Sorry to hear about the little grief it has been giving u. good luck!

TORMENTOR 12-15-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKenny (Post 673873)
Hey all, just registered here have been cruising for awhile. I haven't noticed many people posting problems with their 2012's yet so i figured i would start it off. They are minor electrical issues but still annoying for a vehicle with 2000Km's on it.

Hood says it was ajar and preventing me from remote starting was the first problem randomly happening, when i hadnt touched the hood.

Second thing is my back up sensors have stopped working saying that they are dirty, when in fact they are as clean as can be.

Third thing is my interior lights dim down when i turn my windshield wipers on.

And that is all i have for now, taking it to the dealer to ask about these when im back from work.

The dome lights or the dash lights? If its the dash lights thats normal if you have auto headlights.. When you turn on your windshield wipers, your headlights automatically come on, most people have the dash lights set to a lower level when they have their headlights on at night...

If its your dome lights? then i dont know

rcgreg 12-15-2011 10:26 AM

Nada on mine - but whats the 'Hill start assist" all about?