View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrambo497 View Post
All you guys talking crap need to try a tb before you say they don't work. I bought a 87mm from Matt at moes and it nets me better low end, better high end plus 1.5 mpg better highway.

So either buy one or quit saying they don't work.

P.S. Matt at moes offers money back if not satisfied.........
Who said they don't work, and nobody has talked crap about any brands, get over yourself. Matt's TBs still fall into the 80mm category due to their butterfly diameter, and as such they fall into the stock-moderate range that I posted about. With the port profile you get a nice velocity increase over the length of the whole body and the throat acts like more of a velocity stack than the stock throat does. The whole point of that long thread was the need to maintain flow velocity at lower rpm, which is what matt's do quite well from everything I've read.

Now if you need more air volume, such as with the moderate-heavy builds then you can not get away with a ported throttle body, irregardless of port profile because the butterfly itself becomes the restriction.

And if you must know, in my builds I have gone through 2 fastman of different sizes, a bbk 85mm, and just got a nitrous ported 90mm arrington, so tell me the vast range of aftermarket TBs you've experienced.

Fastnugly, a well worded post, I have talked with Matt about his TBs since posting this, and the same principles apply if you look at the intent of the post. No where did I say ported TBs are garbage, what I did say was educate yourself on the product and match it to your build, which is what you did.

Last edited by CdnoilRAM; 02-01-2013 at 03:37 PM.