View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an RHB radio and added the MOPAR tailgate rear view camera to it no problem...

The only issue was when it came time to have the dealer flash the computer to enable it. I bought it off eBay from a legit Dodge dealer and had it installed by the shop that was doing my stereo build, so obviously they're a little butthurt that they didn't get to charge me full boat for the camera kit and gouge me on the install...

When I tried talking to the service writer about what I needed them to do I could have sworn that they thought I was speaking another language. After two separate phone calls and being told that she would have to talk to the tech first before setting up the appointment and never calling me back, I went elsewhere...

The other dealer (who was actually closer to me) was almost equally clueless until they got a tech on the phone on the spot and completely understood what I needed. I was a little chapped that they wanted $94 to do it though, but since I asked them to align my headlights (that just got HID upgrades in) and they did that while they were at it for no charge, I was pretty happy.

You need to make sure you have your installation disc when you have them flash it though. The way it was explained to me is that has a code which allows them to add it to your vehicle's VIN and build sheet and be covered under the warranty. I thought that made the $94 worth it too.

My previous ride (Ford F250) was a loaded monster diesel which included a rear view camera which really spoiled me. With the high headrests in my truck I cringed everytime I put my new truck in reverse. It's a must. I do wish I knew about the electronic tailgate lock...I would have done that too while I was at it...!
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs