View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Chris, how much undersized is the K&N collar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminchiten View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the 2012 throttle body was a little different or maybe it was the 2013, I would contact moes and see if they can give more information
The 2013 has a different TB, '05-'12 are the same on all the hemis whether it's a 5.7L, 6.1L, or 6.4L. The only difference between the '03/04 is it's a slightly different connector, but the mechanics are all identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrambo497 View Post
Should have bought the 87mm moes one. I did. Direct swap. Perfect fit!!
Both the Moes and Fastman TBs are OEM cores that are ported, the outside diameter is the same as the stock one he took off. The reason he went with the 84mm is because the mods he has will take advantage of the extra volume flow that an 80mm diameter butterfly TB can't flow.

The problem is with the K&N coupler, which is a simple fix. My old AirAid was a bastard to get over the TB neck, so I just measured the outside diameters of the inlet tube and TB and ordered a silicon expansion fitting that would match.