Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Crystal Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:65
rebel2thegrave will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to rebel2thegrave

Just food for thought here guys.

While being here in Iraq I have met a very wealthy individual, and he just so happen to share his story with me. What I am about to tell you is no bullshit. I know I can't sound too convincing over the internet but do take to heart what I'm about to say...

This individual is a 21 year old High School Graduate from Virginia who took a few computer classes in high-school and worked at Best-Buy before applying for a job at Raytheon. Not too impressive of a background right? He applied to Raytheon when he was only 18, luckily he got a job working for them on a Government software based program that we use here to 'track the battlefield' (can't really go in-depth on it, sorry). He didn't have one spec of experience working with any of this software whatsoever, they trained him up for 6-months stateside then sent him here in Iraq to work on these Government systems on a 12-month contract. When I asked him how much he made those first 12 months he looked at me, laughed a little, and said, "I made more money than my parents make combined for 3-years. So a little over $300k." My jaw dropped, this guy is 21 working in Iraq making $300K+. I then asked him how long he's been here, and he casually responded with, "We'll I didn't know how much longer jobs like this were going to last so I put all my stuff in storage and I've been here for a little over 3 years now." All I have to say is do the math, and I forgot to mention that $300k is after taxes. There's nothing to spend your money on here in Iraq other than maybe a cell-phone, and internet service... He's almost made $1 MIL and he's only a high-school graduate.

Ok so maybe he's lieing, I thought so at first, until I asked around. I got to talking to a particular Master Sergeant here with the unit I am currently serving with and told him what that guy had told me and how much BS I thought he was full of. Well it turns out that particular Master Sergeant is in the National Guard and when he's not deployed he just so happens to work for Raytheon out of Fort Bragg, NC. He told me those jobs were no joke plain and simple, and that it was hard to get people to leave the states for up to 12-months to work with people they've never met.
As well as you have to have a somewhat clean criminal record sense you'll be working with classified information at the lowest level, nothing really special or TOP-SECRET, just little stuff. THESE JOBS ARE REAL PEOPLE!

Of course not every job here is a $300K job, I'd say the majority of them are an easy $120K though, which is a hell of a lot better than what I am making as a 'Green-Suiter', and a lot more than what most people make back stateside. But If I were in a position and I had to provide for my family and this was an option, I would take it without looking back. I'll suffer for a year or two while we get out of the recession and make sure my family has what they need and come back home when job opportunities look better and have an even BETTER RESUME.

Like I said, if I could get out of my Army contract and take one of these jobs I would, no regrets, no looking back.