Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:163
bendodge has a spectacular aura aboutbendodge has a spectacular aura about

After some research I ordered what was supposed to be the "Flip up" tow mirror for the 2012 1500 Express. When they arrived they were the "Slide Style" so I returned them and tried to order again specifying I want the "Factory Flip Up GPG option code" mirrors. I had found the what I thought were the correct part # but they said they were for earlier year. So they did a little research and found the part # for the 2012 GPG option code.

68143804AB Mirror
68143805AB Mirror
68078242AA Bracket
68078243AA Bracket

The slide out mirrors used the brackets for support so they don't vibrate.the way they install it looks like they will work the new mirrors.If they don't they were only $6 or $7 each. (one less 12 pack)

The mirrors arrived and have puddle and Turn signals.I am waiting for one bracket to arrive, (10 more days) I will then try and do a installation how to with detailed pictures.I will also confirm if the Puddle lights and turn signals are functional on my truck. I will also post the option codes my truck has so other people can confim if theirs are the same so they should then get the same results I do.

If the Puddle lights don't work I will figure out how to tie them into my dome light circuit.
If the turn signals don't work I came across a mod on one of the forms someone had done that used them as marker lights and turn signals.the mod used some relays,diodes and resistors ? to achieve this.

I have made a agreement with service department at the dealership i purchased the truck from to program my computer for all options I add at one time for $130.00 (yes I have it in writing and not on a bar napkin either)

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Almost forgot the mirrors are $387.00 each. Just saw a set on that auction site that is so popular for $325.00 for the pair and $25.00 for shipping and yes they were factory with Puddle and Turn