Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: hopeful
Trim Level: none
Color: clear
Rep:10
Ramily is on a distinguished road
Default Might buy. A simple question.

Well... i'm new here. May be staying for good. Right now i'm rockin a 2004 Ford Focus 2.3L. (Don't make fun, it goes). I work at a new car dealership (not Chrysler) as a detailer and someone traded in a Ram I'm thinkin about getting. Its a 99 Ram 1500 extended cab (I think its called that. It has 2 door, + 2 rear suicide doors), 4wd, shortbed, and 5.9L. A little under 98k miles. Previous owner put on dual rear side exit flowmaster exhaust and a CAI (unsure of brand, havn't seen under the hood), and step rails, tool box, and pushbar. It is white/silver factory 2-tone with a tiny bit of surface rust on front fender (can't see from 5 feet) and a little more on the driver door (10 footer). I havn't gotten a chance to actually get the keys and look in it and drive it yet. What I wanna ask is, apart from common things, what should I look for? I can get it for a little under $5k at my special employee price. Is it worth it? Also, I would like to ask the bolt pattern on the wheels (5 lug) and the bolt pattern for 2010-13 Rams. Some 2012 wheels are up for sale locally and I like them. If I got it I would set about de-chroming it, taking off pushbar/ toolbox, and black it out. I really want this to be good. Living in Kentucky, I have grown up around Rams and always wanted one. My mom has a 96 Sport that I love, my uncles have all had or still have Rams. One actually had an SRT10 for a few years. One of my friends has a 2011 Express with the 5.7 and a K&N Cai. Needless to say, I love Rams. I don't need a new car, just want it. Thanks for any replies!
Sponsored links